Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros and Cons?

I have been searching my local craigslist and there is a LOT of gear thats posted for sale. Its strange that the majority of the listings state the gear has only been worn a few times, as if riding scared people? Who knows.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Yeah. Definitely do a full inspection on the items to make sure they weren't banged up or anything, and definitely don't get a used helmet. A helmet can look beautiful on the outside but the core could be horrible!

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
All gear has evolved and changed over the years with technology and such. Although we here are all Arai and Shoei junkies, we know that there are other really good lids, that aren't handmade, that offer similar levels of protection and comes down to comfort, airflow and weight.
Jackets and such are the same, a poorly fitting jacket that was on 'super sale' does no good if you fall down,rides up your back and doesnt do it's job

Reactions: HateSneezing

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I will say this though. I went looking for used gear just out of curiosity. The majority of the gear was from companies like Joe Rocket or Icon. I guess there are a lot of people looking to upgrade from the lower end stuff...not to say all of their stuff is low end, but they are kinda budget brands I guess

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.