Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inquired about a local place's pricing and they said their base price is $5910 (which is def. a drop from the MSRP).

However, after everything is said and done..it comes out to $7051. I guess the guy pulled up my info and e-mailed me a worksheet.

I bought my 300 last time from the same guys and they wouldn't budge in pricing since they moved them relatively quickly.

They fees included are freight, dealer preparation, document fee, licensing fee, and some misc. fee.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 ABS on Monday I went around all weekend getting jerked around by dealers. They were wanting exactly what yours is asking. My bank would not let me purchase it for that price because they said the loan to value was to high. I ended up finding a dealrship with a rebate and I paid 4133 + tax not sure what the total was but i financed in some gear as well it was still around 5100 I believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just purchased a 2016 ABS on Monday I went around all weekend getting jerked around by dealers. They were wanting exactly what yours is asking. My bank would not let me purchase it for that price because they said the loan to value was to high. I ended up finding a dealrship with a rebate and I paid 4133 + tax not sure what the total was but i financed in some gear as well it was still around 5100 I believe.
4133 for a 2016 650 is a crazy deal. I'm pretty sure I could look all day and not pull that off. Would the dealer be in the tri-state area by any chance? I know Kawasaki is running some promotions now so I will have to see if I can score this on top.

A big issue I also have is that I want to trade in my old 300 but I hate riding the thing on highways which is one of the reasons I want a new bike. But if the price is good, I may have to think of something.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My advice -- Get a few out-the-door quotes from dealers within a few hundred miles, and then give them one last chance. This has always worked for me and it's amazing how willing they are to drop the price all of a sudden.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My local dealer sucks. They don't want to budge on pricing at all. Their excuse is that I should support them "locally." You literally have to travel 30 miles for another dealer so I guess they are used to doing what they want. I bought my 300 from them and the only reason I didn't go elsewhere is because I was a new rider.

But I found a dealer who will get me this OTD for 6.5k...thinking about heading down Wednesday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts