Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. Iv been wanting to get something a bit more practical for commuting and touring. Iv been thinking about getting a 2000 vfr800 and was wondering if anyone has any experience riding one and could offer up some feed back on how they like it compared to the ninja, thanks! -Eli

·
Registered
385 Posts
no experience other than drooling over exactly the same generation VFR. I believe that was the sweet spot due to having fuel injection but prior to the addition of the VVT. It's been called by some the greatest sport touring bike of all time. There are still some very nice ones out there with lower miles. Good luck in your search and enjoy the sweet, sweet sound of the gear driven cams.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My son went from a Ninja 250 to a VFR800 - and loved it.

It's a big bike, but very smooth and well-handling. Nice sport touring mount.

One downside is it's very complicated and not easy to work on yourself.

He put Dunlop RoadSmarts on it, pushed it pretty hard in corners, and was very impressed with the overall package.

Here he is leaving WI on the way to CA -
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
187 Posts
I love the whole VFR line up, they all look great, but certain years are not good, and should be avoided.

I've never owned one, but I've had friends who did, they all loved them.

It's sport touring bike that's not a Yamaha 😁

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha I love it, thanks for the pictures man. I was there a couple years ago in my less impressive 2005 honda insight. His bike looks great, I think that was exactly the convincing I needed. Theres a yellow one for sale by me that iv been eyeing for some time now that I'm gonna pull the trigger on. I'm an aircraft mechanic, I'm sure I'll be able to figure out the maintenance, thanks - Eli 🤠
Wheel Sky Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
610 Posts
Love the Insight! What is the top speed? What MPG do you get cruising on the hwy?

As an aircraft mechanic, you shouldn't have any problems with maintenance - but everything is really jammed in there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahaha look up 190 mph honda insight on YouTube if you wanna watch something wild. But stock maybe 115. Mpg is good, 50 in the cvt on highway and city. 65ish in the manuals. Comfort however, is terrible. Road noise and suspension suck. And alright I'll keep that in mind thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts