Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on Saturday I will be checking a month and a half old red Ninja 300 for $5000. It has a little less than a thousand kilometers on it and it has been dropped once. Apparently the rear seat has some rashes on the side, otherwise its in perfectly good condition. I'm in Canada by the way so the MSRP is $5299 for a brand new red ninja. Not to mention the $495 FRT & PDI, $125 doc fee and taxes. Do you guys think this is a good buy? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a used white 300 today for $4400 out the door. It to had been dropped once, and messed up the left fairing. The dealer is replacing the fairing for me though. It has 376 miles on it. It made since for me because it's still under warranty and costs a heck of a lot cheaper than a new one would. Weather permitting, I'll be driving it home from the dealer on Friday.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lucky bastard. They aren't that cheap around here. This particular bike was purchased by an avid rider for his wife. I guess she dropped it once and was done. Apparently, he traded in this and two other bikes for some new BMW bike.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
That is a pretty sweet price, I think anything 5 or less is good going off what others have paid.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think this is steep considering the bike has been dropped, the seat is damaged (why wouldn't they repair it), and with the miles on it. Some questions would be, "was the 600 mile service done by the dealer?", "Is the title now tarnished b/c of the drop?" That would GREATLY affect resale.

I would be looking for the documentation and receipts for all the repair work. Honestly it sounds like the person took out a loan for almost all the bike and now is trying to get rid of it without being upside down after only making one payment. I bought a used white 300 with 225 miles on it, never been dropped for $4150 OTD msrp here is $4799+tax, fees etc.

You should pay less especially since its hit the ground.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts