Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So, recently (unfortunately), someone managed to drive into the side of my 125 whilst it was parked and knocked it over, writing it off. So it's time for an upgrade and I'm limited to my choices because of the new laws in the UK. I have decided to get the Ninja 300, such a lovely bike!

I was just wondering though, is it worth getting a new exhaust? I hear that the arrow exhausts are lighter and make a better sound, and also, provide a bit of a performance increase (?)

Thanks for any help! I've been lurking on this forum over the past couple of days, looks like a good community!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
get that ever sounds good / looks good to you. i prefer the two brothers, i bought the entry level aluminium one plus k&n air cleaner & pc5

no matter what exhasut/slipon you buy, it will start of quiet and in about 500-1000 kilometres the sound & volume will improve so long as it is a "packed" exhaust , im not 100% sure what the packing is made of but it looks like a coconut husk, thats probably the best way to describe what it looks like

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I like some of those arrow designs mate, and I think they are in the UK too yeah? But I would say the same, there really is no "best" slip-on, just the one you think looks the best.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Check out some youtube videos of the different slip-ons for the 300 so you can get an idea of the sound of each.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The stock exhaust looks terrible. I'v spent the past month now trying to decide which one i like the looks of! Musari appeal to me the most looks wise but, but concerned about how cheap they are :S
Like the guys said check out youtube or even come to a meet and listen to a few, have a look around and see what you like! No need to rush it :D

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
The stock exhaust looks terrible. I'v spent the past month now trying to decide which one i like the looks of! Musari appeal to me the most looks wise but, but concerned about how cheap they are :S
Like the guys said check out youtube or even come to a meet and listen to a few, have a look around and see what you like! No need to rush it :D
I was actually really surprised at the quality given the cheap price. Nice polished stainless inlet and outlet and good looking carbon fibre. Like I mentioned in your other post Spicy I can post some close up pics if you so desire.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, lots of replies!
I do like the look of the arrow exhausts, but I don't really know a great deal of exhaust names haha. So I came here hoping to get a few name drops and I can search them.

@cruizin - that video is really cool. I like the sound of yours! Really jealous of the roads you get to ride on.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
@cruizin - that video is really cool. I like the sound of yours! Really jealous of the roads you get to ride on.

are you serious?

you like riding on single lane roads thats are poorly maintained on the side of a mountain and one slip and your over the edge & quite probably dead??

lol:D

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
It's the scenery!
lol

i know, im just playing with ya, but yeah the scenery up there is magic

We need some members from Cairns region to do some rides & do some recording, the trip from Cairns to Port Douglas on the 300 would be nice

Kuranda Range & Gillies Range & palmerston

i need to get up there myself with my laptop & camera & record some stuff. i wish my flip camera would record for more then 1 hour

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
there is a place a few hours away called "wallaman falls"

its well know locally for "base jumpers" to launch from & yes there has been a few die there over the years

i have been meaning to take the 300 there since i got it, i just unfortunately haven’t got round to it yet

but when i do i will take my camera with me & do some recording & share it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts