Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a few spots left in C group. Perfect for anybody's first time at the track! I will be doing Tech in the morning (Please read tech req before hand) We also have full leathers for rent, but email Sarah to make sure we have your size,
I set up a coupon code for the forum. Use LRTD300 and save a few bucks!
https://www.letsridetrackdays.com/
Sorry B group is full, But there is a waiting list if you want to be put on it.
Hope to see you there!

· Registered
158 Posts
This will be my first time on the 300. But I have done the same configuration (#13) on a GSXR 750, my Miata, and my Street Triple. It's a fairly complex track, but I wouldn't think it too fast for a 300. I wasn't doing any more pointing in my Miata than usual. There are some rather tight turns.. so you can't use your momentum as much as say, Chuckwalla. But Buttonwillow has good passing zones, so the Ninja 250/300's I've shared the track with I never really got stuck behind. I've been stuck behind some faster bikes, though.

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's Buttonwillow on the 300? I've never been but I heard it was a really fast track so not really suited for the 300. Thoughts?
Whaat? The 300 is fun on that track! Come on out and I will have my GF tow you around and show you some good lines on my 300 (she is way better than me:laugh2:) I will go out after Tech and you can watch how much I suck!

· Registered
158 Posts
What tires are you running, PM17? I'm still on the Road Winners, and they are not very confidence inspiring. I'm thinking to go with the S20's, since I don't use warmers nor do I probably have the pace to appreciate the more expensive Supercorsa or the new RS10. The Alpha-13 is tempting, too. But I've seen mixed reviews.

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What tires are you running, PM17? I'm still on the Road Winners, and they are not very confidence inspiring. I'm thinking to go with the S20's, since I don't use warmers nor do I probably have the pace to appreciate the more expensive Supercorsa or the new RS10. The Alpha-13 is tempting, too. But I've seen mixed reviews.
Running Alpha's, ran Unbeaten's before that. Juliet loves them... I'm not fast enough to make it matter... LOL... Dunlops last a long time on the 300's the price is right $230 ish plus tax. You can use them without warmers but you have to put some heat in them on your warm up laps... I am pretty sure the Dunlop guy is going to be there. We can pull your rims the night before so he can do them first thing so you won't miss a session.

· Registered
158 Posts
I just found the S20 Evo for $200 shipped and couldn't resist. Not sure how they compare to the Alpha.. probably not as fast. My last trackday on the Street Triple was on Q3's and I'm sure I wasn't using them to their full capability. And this way I can get in some testing/tuning on the street beforehand. I will consider it a small victory if I can take the S20's to their limit.

Do you know if Dave Moss himself will be there?

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just found the S20 Evo for $200 shipped and couldn't resist. Not sure how they compare to the Alpha.. probably not as fast. My last trackday on the Street Triple was on Q3's and I'm sure I wasn't using them to their full capability. And this way I can get in some testing/tuning on the street beforehand. I will consider it a small victory if I can take the S20's to their limit.

Do you know if Dave Moss himself will be there?
That's a smoking deal if you can get a good deal on mounting and balancing!
Sarah said he is pretty sure he is going to be there. Even though he has the wrong date on his calendar. She is going to double check and get back to me.

· Registered
197 Posts
Whaat? The 300 is fun on that track! Come on out and I will have my GF tow you around and show you some good lines on my 300 (she is way better than me:laugh2:) I will go out after Tech and you can watch how much I suck!
I'm going to Chuck on the 8th...I'd be pushing my luck if I tried to squeeze another track day three days later hehe. I'll be out there for sure this year though.

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to Chuck on the 8th...I'd be pushing my luck if I tried to squeeze another track day three days later hehe. I'll be out there for sure this year though.
How is that squeezing? You'll have a day off and another day to drive...
Plus you will have some one on one coaching and you get a forum discount... I would see if 2WTD will credit you for another day and come out to BW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.