Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone has this issue, not matter how much I try to improve my posture and sit way behind on the seat, I keep sliding down towards the tank, anything I can do here to stop this :D

·
Registered
652 Posts
Squeeze more with thighs. Get some tank grips (Stomp or Techspec)? Get a different seat\seat cover?

·
Registered
127 Posts
IMO, unless you're in a tuck position or trying to drag a knee, you shouldn't be at the back of the seat. riding up near the tank puts your center of gravity in a more neutral position, as well as having a more comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I wonder how many people get their balls crushed from riding on the tank while braking lol....a little space is good

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Happens when I ride two up and my passenger smashes into me when I brake (arms too short to push up against tank).http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
your too aggressive on the brakes & braking too late, im willing to bet on it

when a pillion is on the back, if you have bad riding habbits, they will be magnified with them on there.

smooth is the secret to a pillion on the back. leave more space & time to stop & dont be so aggressive on brakes

·
Registered
923 Posts
Oh wait... Clutchless shifting will Not help braking. Haha, my bad, somehow,I thought they were slamming into you when you shifted from gear to gear..move along people, nothing to see here.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
330 Posts
your too aggressive on the brakes & braking too late, im willing to bet on it

when a pillion is on the back, if you have bad riding habbits, they will be magnified with them on there.

smooth is the secret to a pillion on the back. leave more space & time to stop & dont be so aggressive on brakes
Nope...its just physics brother...if I were any smoother I'd be going through the light...I usually have my passenger put their hands on the tank which works great when slowing down or going down hill...but certain passengers with shorter arms that can't reach the tank end up smashing up against me...The only time im too aggressive on the brake is when im aggressive on the throttle and thats never when I'm carrying a passenger.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
To the OP. Eat more food, gain weight, become an anchor so you'll stay planted.

JK, get closer to the tank.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Nope...its just physics brother...if I were any smoother I'd be going through the light...I usually have my passenger put their hands on the tank which works great when slowing down or going down hill...but certain passengers with shorter arms that can't reach the tank end up smashing up against me...The only time im too aggressive on the brake is when im aggressive on the throttle and thats never when I'm carrying a passenger.
I agree with cruizin.

On the ride home yesterday I sat further back for the simple fact of seeing if I stay there...and I did without any additional effort needed (and I was wearing jeans at that). If I got on the brakes hard I would end up against the tank.

You should always be against the tank whenever possible because when you are braking you don't want the clip-ons taking your weight otherwise you risk a tank slapper/bump steering over bumps. It's always best to support the majority of your weight with your legs against the tank and keep as much weight as possible off the front.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree with cruizin.

On the ride home yesterday I sat further back for the simple fact of seeing if I stay there...and I did without any additional effort needed (and I was wearing jeans at that). If I got on the brakes hard I would end up against the tank.

You should always be against the tank whenever possible because when you are braking you don't want the clip-ons taking your weight otherwise you risk a tank slapper/bump steering over bumps. It's always best to support the majority of your weight with your legs against the tank and keep as much weight as possible off the front.
Maybe I wasnt clear...Im against the tank..I use my legs to squeeze the tank so that pressure isnt on my arms...I have no issues riding by myself only with certain passengers. If it wasvthe way I ride I would have the issue with all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
114 Posts
dudes ill repeat it...i had a lot of bikes!! the freaking seat have a downward slope
cover your balls!
tell your passengers to use the handles underneath the seat or you won't have childs!
anyways this bike needs to be ridden alone!
its not a bike for fat ppl 2 up and everything

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
If you ride 2 up your passenger should be as close to you as possible. The bigger the gap between you the more momentum they get to build up before slamming into your back. For some reason, some passengers don't like the feeling of being practically on top of you, but it greatly helps in stability and a better CG for braking and handling. If you don't feel comfortable with your passenger getting right up on you, get a new passenger or get a rear seat cowl and make it a 1 person bike. I have no qualms about having a nice looking woman being as close as possible when riding. :)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.