Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try a burn out with their 300 yet? I'm thinking of burning off the stock tire and buying a new one. When I do, I'll youtube that S***!:cool:

·
Registered
952 Posts
YouTube that shet. I'm too cheap to burn up tires like that but it sounds fun.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yea I saw one burn out on youtube. Guy look fairly enthused haha. I'd love to do those some day but I'm in no position to burn extra rubber.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Anyone try a burn out with their 300 yet? I'm thinking of burning off the stock tire and buying a new one. When I do, I'll youtube that S***!:cool:
Burn outs score high on the 'I don't give a shit about my bike' meter; you may think you're just scrubbing an unwanted tire, but you are in fact also shortening the life of your chain and transmission, in addition to generating smoke and contributing to the poor public image of sport bikers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Burn outs score high on the 'I don't give a shit about my bike' meter; you may think you're just scrubbing an unwanted tire, but you are in fact also shortening the life of your chain and transmission, in addition to generating smoke and contributing to the poor public image of sport bikers.
Not ALL burnouts can be perceived that way Carl.
I WON'T do a burnout on the street but regularly do them for racing.
There is definitely a Time and Place for all things.

In regards to wear and tear....
At the end of the day, a Chain is a consumable item, as are sprockets. As for transmission, sure certain bikes aren't really built tough enough for 'prolonged' burnouts and the bottom ends CAN be damaged by people being too 'ham fisted' and thrashing their machines. Oh well i guess that's their choice.

I haven't tried a burnout on the 300. My Ducati would handle a burnout quite nicely, my Hayabusa could eat tyres daily for breakfast and cause No damage to the bottom end, it's built with one of the strongest and most proven engines ever seen. Also people, don't sit there bouncing off the limiter, that's Not what it's there for.

Each to their own, guys if you want to shred the last of your tyres in a blaze of glory just don't drop your bike, enjoy yourselves and film away LOL.

Just my 2 cents worth.:happy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts