Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm a new owner of the 2014 Ninja 300 SE W/ ABS, and I really care about keeping it clean. One thing that is really bothering me is that when I park my bike little flying bugs sit on the tank and probably take a Shi+ on the tank. And I see all these little black spots on the tank, that are a pain to clean up. I am afraid that the will eat up my green paint or that it will start to fade as I keep on cleaning it.

So what can I do to stop this and will it even ruin anything?

Also someone told me to wax my bike after washing it to keep the paint shinier longer. What do you guys think about that?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Why not install little tiny porta-potties so that doesn't happen? :D

Reactions: xtina

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I get the same little strange black/brown dots.. they don't seem to stain or damage the paint in any way, but they're sure ugly as hell. you can lick your finger and rub them off, but they'll be back again in a few days.. I never woulda thunk the spots were bug shit :huh: :shrug.001: :unsure:

just keep a good coat of wax on it and they should be easy to get off..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get the same little strange black/brown dots.. they don't seem to stain or damage the paint in any way, but they're sure ugly as hell. you can lick your finger and rub them off, but they'll be back again in a few days.. I never woulda thunk the spots were bug shit :huh: :shrug.001: :unsure:

just keep a good coat of wax on it and they should be easy to get off..
So wax is okay? And how often should I apply it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
i like to use detailer between full washes.

as far as i know...someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think washing too often would be the cause for paint dulling. I'll usually wax when i wash if i'm not rushing it and it'll help protect paint. make sure you buff all the wax off though.

spacepod...tiny big??? make up your mind! haha. damn you autocorrect.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
So wax is okay? And how often should I apply it?
yes, you should wax your bike.. I do it every few washes, during the summer I wash my bike probably once a month, so wax probably gets applied 2 or 3 times during the riding season.. I've been using meguires paste wax and I really like it, water just beads right off..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll also clay bar my truck roughly every 6 months or so. haven't made it to that point with my bike but its in the plan come June or July.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys I just found out that it was both bug shi+ and tree sap. So I just moved my bike under cover so that the tree sap wont stain it. That shi+ sticks on the plastic more than the paint.

:huh:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I get the same little strange black/brown dots.. they don't seem to stain or damage the paint in any way, but they're sure ugly as hell. you can lick your finger and rub them off
Just take the middle man out for efficiency and go straight to work with the tongue. Finger will be on unemployment in no time.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Hey guys I just found out that it was both bug shi+ and tree sap. So I just moved my bike under cover so that the tree sap wont stain it. That shi+ sticks on the plastic more than the paint.
glad you found the answer & let us know:smile:

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
i like to use detailer between full washes.

as far as i know...someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think washing too often would be the cause for paint dulling. I'll usually wax when i wash if i'm not rushing it and it'll help protect paint. make sure you buff all the wax off though.

spacepod...tiny big??? make up your mind! haha. damn you autocorrect.
LOL, I just caught that. Edited. Lost a 'thanks'. FML*.

*First world problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts