Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nice find. I'll post the link, as you probably can't (too few posts):

(8 available as of this post, with free shipping in USA, ...also not my listing but seems legit and a good deal - it's about what I paid for a slip-on only!)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok I just brought one!!! I was kinda sorta looking for a full system and at that price I couldn’t resist. I have a Coffman shorty slip on in perfect shape, that I will be selling!!! Thanks @Nougat59!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Coffman slip on goes for $220.00 on EBay and most slip ons are over $200. Too get a full system thats in America that you don’t have to wait over a month for is a screaming deal!
I predict these will be gone before the end of the week!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Pulled the plug now also, and bought it! 👍
(I looked at their other listings, and they are selling only the Brock slip-on for $199, and also have the same full Brock system on another listing for $395! :unsure:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got mines this evening as well, already pulled of the stock headers and Coffman slip on. I will see if I have time to put it on tomorrow. Have to pack up for a track weekend! Hope to have the ECU flashed on the 300 and ready for another track weekend in early October!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Installed....and I like it! 👍

A tad louder than expected; probably similar in loudness than my Danmoto slip-on WITHOUT A BAFFLE! :oops:

Pretty straightforward installation (Installation PDF: https://brocksperformance.com/content/Instructions/Ninja_300/996616.pdf), which only took a tad over an hour, but I also ended up adjusting the chain.
Unfortunately, what took even more time (additional 1 1/2 hours!!!) was an additional step of blocking off PAIR to prevent oxygen from entering the exhaust, to:
1) reduce deceleration pops, and
2) "proper fuel tuning", according to Brock's separate installation manual, found here: https://brocksperformance.com/content/Instructions/Ninja_300/996603.pdf
It required removing the main fairing, and because I made so many other mods, that area where I need to get to was pretty crammed (MARCO Air Horn & Safer-Turn self-cancelling turn signal module ), it took some finagling to get the included plug to get pushed into the hose.

The Brock's kit is VERY well made, and even included a GREAT QUALITY tool to stretch/install the pipe springs!

Two MAIN advantages to me: the exhaust is now stainless steel, and won't rust, and a completely unexpected benefit: I can now see down at the spool when lifting the bike onto the Pit-Bull forward-facing rear tire stand; with my Danmoto slip-on, I couldn't see the spool looking down at it, as it was blocked....it was a bit of a guessing-game!

IMG_1667_DxO_1.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got mines on today as well, didn’t take long since I did a full exhaust on a 2011 Kawi 250 and my current 400. The Brock bolted up very good and no air leaks! About as loud as the Coffman slip on but sounds better. I ordered a block off plate which will seal better than the supplied plastic caps. I am totally satisfied with the Brock full system and you can’t beat that price!
273D2F77-C9DB-4C9A-8143-AAAE925CB38F.jpeg
213DC463-8285-4802-97A6-723785230A45.jpeg
273D2F77-C9DB-4C9A-8143-AAAE925CB38F.jpeg
213DC463-8285-4802-97A6-723785230A45.jpeg
E7070A41-EA63-4836-97E8-90141B14A525.jpeg
E7070A41-EA63-4836-97E8-90141B14A525.jpeg

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is what it looks like with all the plastics back on. I ordered a Yoshimura exhaust hanger so I can get rid of the passenger pegs. I will post pics when it comes.
1502D4C3-F18D-4104-BE62-F40F9A166EFC.jpeg

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the ECU flashed at Busch Racing in northern NJ and I am happy to report the bike pulls much stronger. Runs smoother and no more orange flames coming out. I can power wheelie in 1st, it comes up maybe 4 inches. It wasn’t doing that before. It hits 110mph much easier and sooner. The bike is now running stronger with the Brock full exhaust and ECU flash! Can’t wait to see how she does on the track in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I had the ECU flashed at Busch Racing in northern NJ and I am happy to report the bike pulls much stronger. Runs smoother and no more orange flames coming out. I can power wheelie in 1st, it comes up maybe 4 inches. It wasn’t doing that before. It hits 110mph much easier and sooner. The bike is now running stronger with the Brock full exhaust and ECU flash! Can’t wait to see how she does on the track in 2 weeks!
Nice....VERY nice! 👍
I rode around with the Brock's full exhaust for a few days, but found the loudness just too, well,...overbearing! I was contemplating going back to the 'original' exhaust, when I thought I'd try something:
LUCKILY my Danmoto slip-on fits [almost] perfectly. So, I now have the SS Brock's exhaust with the Danmoto slip-on. Sound is perfect (to me), and I still have the benefit of the stainless steel exhaust.
Regrettably the view to the rear-stand spool is gone again! :(
Overall, a GREAT addition.

Now, if I could just get the ECU flashed somewhere.....:unsure:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice....VERY nice! 👍
I rode around with the Brock's full exhaust for a few days, but found the loudness just too, well,...overbearing! I was contemplating going back to the 'original' exhaust, when I thought I'd try something:
LUCKILY my Danmoto slip-on fits [almost] perfectly. So, I now have the SS Brock's exhaust with the Danmoto slip-on. Sound is perfect (to me), and I still have the benefit of the stainless steel exhaust.
Regrettably the view to the rear-stand spool is gone again! :(
Overall, a GREAT addition.

View attachment 115225

Now, if I could just get the ECU flashed somewhere.....:unsure:
You could mail your ECU to Bauce Racing and have them flash it. Check out their website.
I have had the ECU on 2 of my 300s flashed there, and I am very happy with the results. My friend who I do track days with had his 400 and 750 dyno tuned there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts