Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I bought a brand new Nissin brake pads and EBC brake disc. After installation lever was pulsing and whole front was vibrating when braking.

Is that normal and new disc and pads need to break in or the new EBC brake disc is warped? Since installation I've made about 150km and noticed that pulsing is gone but still whole front is vibrating...

I'm 100% sure that caliper, suspension, wheel bearings, tire are in excellent condition :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sounds like the disc isn't running true. Did you torque the fasteners?

You may need to remove it and lay it on a piece of glass or something flat to see if it's warped.

It shouldn't pulse or vibrate if everything is correct. I would clean and lube the caliper's sliding pins if you didn't and make sure all the mating surfaces are clean and in good condition if the rotor looks to be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. That is the information I was looking for. I've done many brake pads changes but it was my first brake disc change on motorcycle.
Yes, everything is aligned and fastened with the proper torque, cleaned and lubed, even brake fluid was replaced.
Today I have ordered the new brake disc rotor - NG1419X - it should be delivered on tuesday.
I have ordered a dial gauge also so I will measure runout (? warp) on both discs... but now I am 99% sure that it is disc fault.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts