Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people are upgrading their brake systems. New pads, brake lines, calipers, etc. Has anyone has found anything for the ABS model bikes? If so, what and where?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Can you increase stopping power on abs?? You squeeze it as hard as possible and it stops as fast as possible without locking the wheel, would bolt on components change that at all??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about upgraded pads? Doesn't the antilock system simply keep the wheel from locking by pulsing the caliper? A better compound of pad should still improve he braking. Maybe I'm wrong, but if your car has traction control, doesn't changing the tires still effects the grip. Cars have ABS, but you can change the brake components to improve the braking.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
That I dont not know, does the locking point change with the quality of pads?

Seems like if you brake are right on the verge of locking pre mod, it will be no different after mod?? That just what pops up in my mind though..

The only upgrade I have done on a car was just brake cooling to reduce brake fade, overall stopping power is nothing I have ever really adressed..

·
Registered
25 Posts
By upgrading the brakes u can change the way they feel. Some people like alot of "bite" when they touch the brakes, others want it more progressive as they squeeze harder.
The lock-up point doesn't change since the tire can only hold on for a certain amount of traction.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Thats what I was kinda getting at.. You can have more power on the front end, but overall your still stuck with the same braking, so you cant really increase the stopping power, you just shift the power of them.. Right??

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
You can increase power and feel, but not traction at the tire or limits imposed by a ABS if it is too conservative, i.e., kicks in too early, too much pressure relief.

Pads, SS hoses and bigger calipers along with better tires are still valid upgrades, otherwise a 2013 Vette could run Chevy Citation brake components.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a white abs model and a week ago I had my 6000km service done. Front brakes were worn out. However only 1pad on the front was worn to only 1mm left the other pad was almost untouched. I am very concerned with the uneven wear. Suffice to say I changed pads and am now running some brembo pads. Braking is much better but I'll be keeping my eye out for this uneven wear issue I am having. Any body else experienced this?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm having my Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's installed right now, and asked my mechanic about stainless steel brake lines, as a lot of riders have suggested I do the upgrade. He says that they are a great idea, because the rubber lines have flex which weakens the braking pressure and when it gets hot out, it's even worse. It's a little more hassle to do it on an ABS model, but it's a great upgrade. This will be my next upgrade. :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'll be getting an ABS model around March, so I'll be on the lookout to see if others have had similar uneven brake wear problems...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts