Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took a little bit of my own pov footage on a rather boring commute to meet my pops for lunch.. Granted it is fixed to my gas tank, and I do have a gloss black windscreen so this doesn't make for a good combination.. Again, it is not a very entertaining 10-15m of video so, kudos to you if you do watch through it :p I probably should slow down at times, and I notice I tend to never be sure that my brights are off, or turn indicators off.. lol catch myself checking for both from this camera view more often than necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNIf4CRCXM4&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
GoPro fell off my bike earlier ! Hahaha. I was doing about 50mph and my suction cup mounted on the front of my windshield decided to fall off. Good thing I was recording ! Hahaha. The camera is perfectly fine, the case has a few scratches but no big deal, the suction cup mount doesn't have a damn scratch on it lol. I will upload the video when it finishes converting. The YouTube upload will take a few hours though, even though it's a 12 minute video.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn! Glad to hear the camera is ok Braxton! Now I'm paranoid, I always mount my camera to the windshield. I want to invest in some of the small adhesives that are used like anchors you can tie a string through and to the camera; this way it would be fixed and just dangle from the bike in events like these :(

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
LMAO! I knew you went lightly the first time around! It's all good though! A lot of people never realise they're doing anything wrong until it is too late. They may never even have been taught the skills or may have even totally forgotten what they were taught in the first place, due to a lack of practice.

All these tips may well save the day for any rider!

So Braxton, we're now all waiting to see a "better" video! :D

Cheers...

true. i dont profess to be the worlds greatest rider not by any stretch of the imagination, however, when it comes to riding on the street after the amount of years i have done it for, i think i have a reasonable idea as to what im talking about & what to expect on the road.

Braxton, i hope you take on board what i have typed and learn from this and become a better rider. if you havent figured it out yet, i love riding motorcycles and i do my best to help share that passion with anyone who will let me so you can continue to ride bikes for many more years yet & get the same if not more enjoyment out of it as i have done over the years. i have meet some amazing people over the years because of riding and made some life long friends as well, scattered thru out the world.

·
Registered
354 Posts
GoPro fell off my bike earlier ! Hahaha. I was doing about 50mph and my suction cup mounted on the front of my windshield...

Lol must have missed my video! My GP didn't fall off, but the suction cup on the windscreen does not make for a good time.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have never been keen on the suction cap idea. a aluminium ram mount & bolt it to the brake or clutch lever

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/9-ninja-300-parts-accessories/3485-diy-tank-camera-mount-ideas-5.html#post560482

fixed! it aint moving no where in a big rush
Agreed. Suction cups aren't very good unless you are mounting it to glass on a cars interior. I use the suction cup to make driving time lapses. For anything that will be outside and traveling, I use the adhesive mounts.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts