Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Thank you Cruizin ! I will only contest 5 and 6 lol, I always have my eyes in the mirror at intersections, they are specifically adjusted for that reason. And I'm pretty sure I head check every time. This camera is already worth the money !! I really do appreciate the time you took to watch and help me become a better rider :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
LOL! I have visions of Cruizin, as a cop, pulling you over. I can already imagine the "conversation" that would follow...:emot-cop:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition, and neat video! I too recently received a gopro hero 3 black edition. Uploaded just a short clip after riding today and playing with settings..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
wow those roads are so empty haha, would love to live there.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Thank you Cruizin ! I will only contest 5 and 6 lol, I always have my eyes in the mirror at intersections, they are specifically adjusted for that reason. And I'm pretty sure I head check every time. This camera is already worth the money !! I really do appreciate the time you took to watch and help me become a better rider :)
http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
no worries, i need to sit down and watch it in full, i had a quick look this morning before i went to work. if i find anything else i will let you know.

i enjoy riding motorcycles, i really do. its the most fun you can get while still wearing your clothes. if my tips help save just one riders life, i will be happy:D

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
LOL! I have visions of Cruizin, as a cop, pulling you over. I can already imagine the "conversation" that would follow...:emot-cop:
lol

Ohhh god hahaha. I would not argue with him then !

oh c'mon now. you asked for feedback in your first post.

maybe this time i will watch it a few times in full screen and i will really pick it to bits....

mmmmmmm....

now that sounds like a challenge.

watch this space. i have a few things to take care of but i will do this in a few hours:wink:

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i watched the video in full this time and i have some more feedback for you

1. why do you have high beam on when its day time??? if you think your going to make it easier for you to be seen your kidding yourself.im still of the firm belief the only way a cage driver will see you a little more easily is to hang flashing lights off the bike. thats great if your a policeman or a paramedic, not much use if your a civilian.if you really want to add something to wake cage drivers up, add a airhorn instead.

2. why were you riding thru traffic with cars around you and only 1 hand on the bars???? if someone tries to drive thru you, you want both hands on the bars to help for quick evasive measures.

3. indicators???? they are not an optional extra.they came standard with your bike. use them a *LOT* more then you are now.

4. you need to turn you head a *LOT* more when merging lanes of traffic & look a lot more, before you become a speed bump

5. you need to leave more space between vehicles when your following them, minimum of 3 seconds i aim for 3-> 5 second gap

6.you stopped around the 12 minute mark at some kind of sport shop thing. i couldnt see exactly what it was.however, you stopped in a parking bay with your tyres right in the oil spots left by cars.either find some where else to park, or better yet, dont park at an angle in the bay like you did.come straight in to it and park your tyres were the cars park theirs.better yet, turn the bike around and come in backwards, that way its a nice easy exit and you can clearly see what is about to run over you when leaving the park bay.

7. keyring. you have something on it that is WAY to big and flapping around, i can see it getting jammed between the tank and the top triple clamp, what ever it is, lose it

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
i watched the video in full this time and i have some more feedback for you

1. why do you have high beam on when its day time??? if you think your going to make it easier for you to be seen your kidding yourself.im still of the firm belief the only way a cage driver will see you a little more easily is to hang flashing lights off the bike. thats great if your a policeman or a paramedic, not much use if your a civilian.if you really want to add something to wake cage drivers up, add a airhorn instead.

2. why were you riding thru traffic with cars around you and only 1 hand on the bars???? if someone tries to drive thru you, you want both hands on the bars to help for quick evasive measures.

3. indicators???? they are not an optional extra.they came standard with your bike. use them a *LOT* more then you are now.

4. you need to turn you head a *LOT* more when merging lanes of traffic & look a lot more, before you become a speed bump

5. you need to leave more space between vehicles when your following them, minimum of 3 seconds i aim for 3-> 5 second gap

6.you stopped around the 12 minute mark at some kind of sport shop thing. i couldnt see exactly what it was.however, you stopped in a parking bay with your tyres right in the oil spots left by cars.either find some where else to park, or better yet, dont park at an angle in the bay like you did.come straight in to it and park your tyres were the cars park theirs.better yet, turn the bike around and come in backwards, that way its a nice easy exit and you can clearly see what is about to run over you when leaving the park bay.

7. keyring. you have something on it that is WAY to big and flapping around, i can see it getting jammed between the tank and the top triple clamp, what ever it is, lose it

hope this helps
LMAO! I knew you went lightly the first time around! It's all good though! A lot of people never realise they're doing anything wrong until it is too late. They may never even have been taught the skills or may have even totally forgotten what they were taught in the first place, due to a lack of practice.

All these tips may well save the day for any rider!

So Braxton, we're now all waiting to see a "better" video! :D

Cheers...

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's a badass camera spot dude !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks Braxton, I'm hoping to get some more footage today. I want to take some pov footage now and join in on the constructive criticism haha. I'm sure I too have plenty of adjustments that could be made. As for the mount location currently, so far I do enjoy that view most. The suction up opens up a lot of different ways to mount the thing.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Explain. lol.

i learnt years ago that its makes *ZERO* difference if your head lights are on high beam or not your still going to get morons try and run you over. for 8 years in the day i used my headlight on high beam and it made zero difference on both of these bikes

after 8 years, and still morons who couldnt see me with a race bike paint job & custom job on bikes that are primarily red, on a back drop of tar thats black, i gave up & come to the conclusion after watching many drivers over the years, they just dont give a shit about anyone else.they are more interested in sms'ing or talking on the phone, with the radio up, air con blasting, windows up in cages that designers have built to cut down road noise and the only way you will get their attention is with an air horn cos your pissant stock horn wont be heard with windows up, air con going & radio going on a modern car & even if it was im sure the morons would believe it was part of the song they are listening too anyhow.

you can if you so desire go and shove on a bright coloured vest too and go for a ride and see if it makes any difference to anyone seeing you and you will *STILL* get morons who dont see you.

about the only thing i have ever seen that actually works is

a>flashing lights like emergency vehicles

b>a orange flag on a pole attached to rear of the bike like Australia Post uses on their honda CT-110 postie bikes.

in summary cage drivers in general dont look & dont give a shit about about anyone else other then themself

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I notice bikes more when they have their hi beams on. But that's just me.

your a motorcycle aware driver in the first place. other have never ridden a motorcycle & dont look for us, we are insignificant to them & a burden on the roads & the health system when we get hurt in their eyes.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts