Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, but there is no such thing as dual low and dual high beam for this bike, or any bike that runs a single lamp for daytime running lights using the stock reflectors to aim the light.

But why? What if I run bulbs that run dual filaments so I can run both on one filament for regular use, and dual filament for my brights?

Well yea, that would work IF the reflectors on both sides are the same. But they aren't. In reality, the bulbs are the same as is. The reflectors simply distribute the light differently depending on whether you need more or less light.

The only way to do this is to run a HID kit WITH projector lenses to focus the beam independently of the reflectors. Often the reflector is blacked out because it is no longer used...and it looks cool. Then you can run dual lights to your hearts content.

Yay! :D

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just rewired mine to have both high beams on full time. I replace the standard bulbs with crystal and repositioned them to face the ground and not distract other road uses. Seems to have word pretty well and cost was next to nothing http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
awesome stuff. did you need to run a relay at all with the bulbs or split the wiring?

i just wanted to use standard halogen bulbs and my concern is the current (amperage) across the standard wiring when splitting it to run 2 bulbs instead of one at a time

· Registered
52 Posts
Mine are only helogen too just whiter in colour. If your like me and you only ride during the day just do what I did. I was a little unsure with the ampage so I put in a cheap driving light relay. Seems to have worked without issue and driving lights are now really bright. I've kept it all clean and tidy so I can reconnect the high beam and remove the relay if I ever need to

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
yee i did this awhile back also, projectiles are different but once you aim the high beam down and move both away from each other slightly they are fine, you wont blind anyone etc, just put the bike a couple meters back from all wall or garage door and use the low beam as reference

i also changed the running lights, heres a pic Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Automotive lighting Headlamp
looks awesome and you can notice the difference with the high beam aimed down compared to stock

(PHILIPS T10 LED PARKER)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12076461...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1673wt_1163

and heres the H7s (PHILIPS H7 Diamond Vision 5000K) (autobarn retail these at $145)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12078577...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3553wt_1397

· Registered
1,139 Posts
As Hutchie07au said, this dual high/low mod is only suitable if you only ride during the day or well lit areas at night.

Since you can't aim the individual headlights independently, you need to drop the high beam angle down to where the low beam would normally sit in order to avoid blinding people at night. This leaves you with the highbeam side at the angle the previous low beam was at, and the new low beam setting aimed mostly at the ground.

So it's doable, and costs a lot less than a projector retrofit, but not ideal. When you need the extra light, most of what is available will be pointing at the ground. I'm not gonna bash you guys about this kind of mod, but personally, if i'm gonna mod something, I'm gonna do it right the first time, no compromises.

· Registered
104 Posts

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of running the HID mods with dual headlights for low and high beam. I was looking around eBay and came across this item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Ni...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d11405a4c&vxp=mtr

thoughts?? Should I get it??
the problem with HID lights, is not all HID lights are made the same.
the difference is usually in the "ballast"

a genuine HID runs a AC ballast. the cheap ones from ebay "usually" run a DC ballast. yes they will work & your light will shine.

but not for long.

always check & see if the ballast is "at least" an AC ballast. if its a DC ballast, keep shopping.

better yet, have a chat to our site vendors who sell them & get a decent unit to begin with

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.