Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The Ninja 300 is my first bike, and I'm trying to ride more often. I decided to buy boots to increase my level of protection instead of just using snickers. Can you guys give me an idea about which boots I should use? BTW, what you guys are using to ride?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Boots that are just for riding, even if they are 1/2 boots, may not work well for walking around. My Sidi's work great for my commute but I regretted wearing them to the bike show last year...
When you try on boots, remember- you might want to walk around in them.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
try to find a waterproof option if you can, and yea, try walking around in them. Make sure it protects your ankle and you should be good.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have a pair of Icon Super Duty 4s. They seem like they'd do a good job in an accident if I needed them to and they're no more uncomfortable than any other workboot-like boots out there.

·
Banned
562 Posts
These are the ones I use
and I swear they are more comfortable then my
polo boots

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Most our guys wear their roadracing/ trackday boots, but couple guys got the Spidi X One half boot and like it alot. Vented and comfy ( but not all day walking comfy).

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i have had 2 pairs of Sidi vertabra's over the past 17 years. my last pair died earlier this year. they were about 10 years old and just fell to bits.oh well, i got my moneys worth from them. will definitely buy Sidi boots again

·
Registered
958 Posts
Wow someones rich lol Dainese gear cost and arm and a leg
Not quite, but I have no problem paying for stuff that will keep my alive and as un-damaged as possible. :D I actually got the boots on sale through RevZilla, they sometimes have sales on last years gear, plus they have a cash back program so you get money off your next order. I've got all my gear through them.

Also, as I'm reading this thread, I think you have to realize that a boot that is designed to protect you from impact and abrasion (while going possible over 100mph) is not going to be as comfortable as a pair of Puma high-tops if your walking around all day. So you have to decide how much "walk-ability" your willing to sacrifice for high speed protection. :confused:

Reactions: GreenSmitten

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have a pair of carolina work boots lol I ride to work in my work cloths. Sometimes, i'm in a chef uniform, sometimes in landscaping sloths lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have my monster Tech 8's from my pillion days, but I recently got a pair of A-stars Supertech R's for pilot footwork. They're crazy money but their ankle, heel, shin, and toe protection is top-shelf with great peg feel and unreal day-long comfort.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have supertech r's as well. Very comfortable with great protection. Half boots are better than nothing but if I was going to fork out money on boots, you might as well get the real thing.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i just wear my leather timberlands... heavy duty and fit the pedals just right and over the ankle

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had some Sidi Vertebre 2 and they were great. Right now, I just wear my standard issue USMC combat boots. Cheaper than most boots, all day comfortable (all week if you have to), and very durable. I got my wife a pair to wear too and she loves them.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
Just so you guys know, work boots, athletic boots, combat boots, whatever boots are nothing like motorcycle boots. Yes, they do usually have extra toe protection and some sole protection, but motorcycle boots focus on different areas for different reasons. The heel and sole are reinforced because if you come off your bike going 50mph, and land on your feet (if only for a second) without this protection you will shatter the bones in your foot. Also they provide twist and bending protection, which is to say, they don't allow you foot to be completely twisted around (easily possible) or crushed by your bike. Most of the rest of the protection is abrasive protection (the metal sliders and shiny hard plastics) so that you can just slide down the road. Over 30% all motorcycle accidents involve injuries to the lower extremities (legs & feet) I don't mean to tell anyone what to do, but I take this stuff seriously, I plan on riding for a long time and I've done a lot of research on it, so if I can help one person avoid serious injury, I'll be happy :D

(your father is now done speaking) ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
I can definatley tell the difference in protection from my old Sidi boots and my combat boots I wear now, and if I was on the track I would be in the Sidis. For the riding I do now though (45 mph and less) I think the combat boots will be fine. I wrecked wearing Fila racing shoes at about 35 mph back in 04 and was totally fine, but at amy kind of sustained high speeds I would go back to a dedicated motorcycle boot.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've got about 8000 miles on my SMX-5 boots with only a minor superficial scuff on the toe from the shifter. They are a great boot for the price.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry for the thread revival but I wanted to see if any of you had experience with either of these.

I am looking for something as a daily half boot that offers good protection & comfortable.
Would also be nice if they looked good with jeans.

I realize all about different levels of safety & have used full Teknic
boots but am looking for a daily boot.

Have any of you tried either of these?

1- Alpinestars CR-4 Gortex XCR Boot

2- Alpinestars Fastback

·
Registered
16 Posts
I commute in #1. Narrow, tough to get on and off, got the shoelaces caught on something once (but didn't drop the bike), a tad on the warm side at work, but comfortable to walk in and ok to run in. Great traction, waterproof. Fiddly to break in (compared to hiking boots). Looks-wise, I wear jeans or cargo pants with mine, but no offers of marriage so far.

Overall I don't regret the purchase, but my next pair of boots will be taller and have ratchet closures.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts