Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ninja 300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a bingle that left my left handlebar bent, been looking at and researching clip-ons.
A local shop has in stock some Bonamici clip-Ons ans was wondering if anyone has used em?
If so, how'd they go for mounting? Any clearance issues?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Although I don't use them, and I've never heard of them, my woodcraft clip ons are awesome. It appears those clip ons are 200 MSRP, correct? Honestly for that price, I would just order up some woodcraft ones. The quality, warranty, design, and fit and finish are all 10/10. They design it to be repaired. My woodcraft clip ons are much lower and closer to the fairings under the bars, and I had to watch my mounting angle so that the levers wouldn't hit the windscreen or that area at full lock.

Funny enough, I was in the same situation. Bought my 300 with a bent handlebar, so I finally got around to fixing that. Not sure how lucky you'll be with finding someone else who has used those exact ones, but I trust the smart guys over at WC with any upgrades on my bikes. Don't be fooled into purchasing something sub-par (potentially, I don't know anything about those exact clip ons) just because it is at your local shop. Get the exact things you want, the first time, especially with safety critical parts like clip ons, rearsets, levers, ect. Not tryna throw shade or anything, just want to help you make the best decision for what you need!

Good luck finding what you need, hope this helps.
-Mike

·
Registered
2016 Ninja 300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although I don't use them, and I've never heard of them, my woodcraft clip ons are awesome. It appears those clip ons are 200 MSRP, correct? Honestly for that price, I would just order up some woodcraft ones. The quality, warranty, design, and fit and finish are all 10/10. They design it to be repaired. My woodcraft clip ons are much lower and closer to the fairings under the bars, and I had to watch my mounting angle so that the levers wouldn't hit the windscreen or that area at full lock.
Was consisering them because the person there (it's a kawasaki dealer btw) races 300/400s and uses them, so not concerned about the quality, the question I'm more concerned about is fitment and clearance on stock fairings as he had them all fitted on bikes that already had "race" fairings.
Is there clearance differences between the race fairings and stock?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would assume not significant. That said, mine do come close to factory fairings, but not at all interfering with the operation of the bars at all. Would your dealer be okay dry fitting the parts on your bike? Seems like if they're reasonable, that would be an easy step to take, especially if you've spent some money there.

-Mike

·
Registered
2016 Ninja 300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would assume not significant. That said, mine do come close to factory fairings, but not at all interfering with the operation of the bars at all. Would your dealer be okay dry fitting the parts on your bike? Seems like if they're reasonable, that would be an easy step to take, especially if you've spent some money there.

-Mike
I'll check with them when I go in to take a look at them as they had them shipped over from the next town over.
If they work well have little to no issues, it'd certainly be another option for people looking to upgrade from stock bars. Made them sound pretty adjustable too so will have a review of that if I go for em.

·
Registered
482 Posts
... so not concerned about the quality, ...
As you, said, not to be concerned about the quality. Bonamici is a well reputed brand in Italy.
Bonamici Racing

Not many of their products make it to US, probably because they are quite expensive.
I was very close to get a set of aluminum case savers, but they were $300. I ended up getting a set of R&G plastic ones for half that price. The fitment of the R&G wasn't very good though.
Don't know anything about the clip on's though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As you, said, not to be concerned about the quality. Bonamici is a well reputed brand in Italy.
Ah good to know. Even though the quality is there, I like buying American made performance parts, just because I know the support and warranty will be easy to work with due to locality. I'd rather talk to some guy who's awake when I am awake, and an easy distance away to mail stuff should I need to.

But hey if they fit, work good, and are reputable, go for it!

-Mike

·
Registered
2016 Ninja 300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah good to know. Even though the quality is there, I like buying American made performance parts, just because I know the support and warranty will be easy to work with due to locality. I'd rather talk to some guy who's awake when I am awake, and an easy distance away to mail stuff should I need to.

But hey if they fit, work good, and are reputable, go for it!

-Mike
I know that pain, hence why I talked to the local shop. If I got Woodcraft, I'd have to have it shipped here to Aus from the US, so no matter what the time zone difference will come into play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts