Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just wanted to know if anybody could suggest a bluetooth helmet for around the $200 range? I need the speaker to be on the right side (I'm deaf in my left ear) and I would like to find one that would match the White and Black 300 for when I end up getting one.

I have been looking around but I'm unsure of what brand will give me the best bang for my buck and hopefully good sound as-well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
523 Posts
By "bluetooth helmet", do you mean something that includes a bluetooth communicator already (not sure if those even exist) or one that can have one installed later? Most bluetooth setups for motorcycles cost in the $200 range anyhow, so I doubt you're going to find anything decent for that price.

·
Registered
865 Posts
maybe used?

I think yourbest bet is finding a universal kit and using your helmet you already have, or buy one that has the ear slots already drilled out, then all you do is remove the foam and insert the speakers

Reactions: CMaxim

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By "bluetooth helmet", do you mean something that includes a bluetooth communicator already (not sure if those even exist) or one that can have one installed later? Most bluetooth setups for motorcycles cost in the $200 range anyhow, so I doubt you're going to find anything decent for that price.
Yes, I was going to get a Vega, they are discontinued and I'm just not sure of the quality.
http://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/Vega-Full-Face-Helmets/Vega-Helmets-Vega-V-Tune-Helmet-Solids

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
before i got my bike i really wanted a way to listen to music while i rode...now i know that i want to drive at least 6 months before i put speakers in my helmet. really requires so much attention and being able to hear is great. i'd say invest in a quiet helmet like the shoei qwest then add bluetooth when ready

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm not gonna start a new thread, as I am capable of using the search function. Lol. Anyway, I want to add Bluetooth to my HJC helmet. I only want to use it for phone calls. It doesn't need to be able to be used for bike to bike communication. It just seems like I miss a lot of calls on my bike. Also for those of you with Bluetooth, how do u answer the phone on the road. Is their a button on the helmet?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm not gonna start a new thread, as I am capable of using the search function. Lol. Anyway, I want to add Bluetooth to my HJC helmet. I only want to use it for phone calls. It doesn't need to be able to be used for bike to bike communication. It just seems like I miss a lot of calls on my bike. Also for those of you with Bluetooth, how do u answer the phone on the road. Is their a button on the helmet?

I have a UClear HBC200. It does music, phone, GPS and intercom. and it's boomless the mic is built in to the earpieces. I've used the phone many times and nobody has said they cant hear me. but to answer your question, mine is voice activated so if i'm listening to music and the phone rings in my ears i just say "answer phone" and then I'm connected. when hang up it goes right back to the music or whatever else it was doing before. I can also dictate texts and emails, or get directions to, all by voice. Although I think that has to do with the phone software more than the headset. Basically whatever I can do with voice command with the phone I can do it through the headset.

·
Registered
993 Posts

Most phones have an earpiece autoanswer in the settings, mine is set to answer after three rings. Only thing is, its "autoanswer", if your mother in law calls your phone is going to pick it up and you will have to talk to her! LOL

·
Registered
295 Posts
I did a lot of research on Bluetooth options just a little while ago. If your looking for a helmet with built in bluetooth options the large majority of them aren't very good.

The only helmet I've found that's gotten good reviews is the o'neal fastrack ii bluetooth.

If that doesn't suit your tastes then find a helmet you like and you can add on a bluetooth system like the Sena SMH-10, Cardo Scala, or U-CLEAR HBC100.

The latter options will cost you slightly more than the fast track 2.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/uclear-hbc-100-bluetooth-communicator

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a UClear HBC200. It does music, phone, GPS and intercom. and it's boomless the mic is built in to the earpieces. I've used the phone many times and nobody has said they cant hear me. but to answer your question, mine is voice activated so if i'm listening to music and the phone rings in my ears i just say "answer phone" and then I'm connected. when hang up it goes right back to the music or whatever else it was doing before. I can also dictate texts and emails, or get directions to, all by voice. Although I think that has to do with the phone software more than the headset. Basically whatever I can do with voice command with the phone I can do it through the headset.
I looked that one up yesterday and it looks and sounds great. This is definitely the one I'm getting. :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have the U-Clear HBC 100. After owning it for 2 weeks now, I must say I am glad I got this device. Clarity and background noise is spot on. Music sounds great and best of all; no boom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.