Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking on getting a set of angle, demon, audi led strips and hid kit from bkmoto. have anyone got in trouble for having them, if not whats the max hid u can have? it mostly for morning to and from work

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
just about any HID light you care to think of for a motorcycle is illegal Australia wide.

the reason for manufacturers using halogen bulbs is not cos they are cheap.

its cos it is law in a number of countries on our planet that low/high beam *MUST* be an "INSTANT" on.

halogen bulbs archive this at a awesome price point.

*most* HIDS cant do this and this is a delay as they turn on, warm up & stabilise to give a good solid light.this can be as long as 3 seconds on very poor quality units.

3 seconds aint long. but when your travelling at 100 kmph and you flick from low to high beam and the road infront of you goes pitch black for 3 seconds at that speed, its very close to 100 meters you have to travel before you see properly again.

as for people getting picked up for it. yep if your silly enough to keep the lights pointed up high and in others line of vision, then your just asking for trouble..

like everything else, use a ounce of common sense & you will be fine

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
just about any HID light you care to think of for a motorcycle is illegal Australia wide.

the reason for manufacturers using halogen bulbs is not cos they are cheap.

its cos it is law in a number of countries on our planet that low/high beam *MUST* be an "INSTANT" on.

halogen bulbs archive this at a awesome price point.

*most* HIDS cant do this and this is a delay as they turn on, warm up & stabilise to give a good solid light.this can be as long as 3 seconds on very poor quality units.

3 seconds aint long. but when your travelling at 100 kmph and you flick from low to high beam and the road infront of you goes pitch black for 3 seconds at that speed, its very close to 100 meters you have to travel before you see properly again.

as for people getting picked up for it. yep if your silly enough to keep the lights pointed up high and in others line of vision, then your just asking for trouble..

like everything else, use a ounce of common sense & you will be fine
This is the benefit of bi-xenon projectors (in the BKMoto kit). There is no 'warm up time' (if properly wired in the case of the Ninja - I'm not sure if BKMoto wiring accomplishes this).

On a car equipped with single bi-xenon projectors, there is no switch from low to high...meaning another bulb. What is happening is a little solenoid inside of the projector moves a shielf (in a millisecond) when you hit the high beam thus you get a different beam pattern.

On a bike, if you wired up the HID kits (specifically the high beam) in such a way that it was 'always on' (as I had it wired on my retrofitted car), you also don't have to wait for it to 'warm up' as the ballast will already be running and 'hot'. This would also extend the longevity of the ballast since it wouldn't be turning off and on very quickly.

That's why when I get my new Ninja 300, I will be doing the 636 headlights with an HID low beam and a halogen high beam...don't feel like messing with the wiring lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the benefit of bi-xenon projectors (in the BKMoto kit). There is no 'warm up time' (if properly wired in the case of the Ninja - I'm not sure if BKMoto wiring accomplishes this).

On a car equipped with single bi-xenon projectors, there is no switch from low to high...meaning another bulb. What is happening is a little solenoid inside of the projector moves a shielf (in a millisecond) when you hit the high beam thus you get a different beam pattern.

On a bike, if you wired up the HID kits (specifically the high beam) in such a way that it was 'always on' (as I had it wired on my retrofitted car), you also don't have to wait for it to 'warm up' as the ballast will already be running and 'hot'. This would also extend the longevity of the ballast since it wouldn't be turning off and on very quickly.

That's why when I get my new Ninja 300, I will be doing the 636 headlights with an HID low beam and a halogen high beam...don't feel like messing with the wiring lol.
:welcome:

I was wondering where you bought your 636 headlights from?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts