Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First post in here.

I bought a used Ninja 300 a couple of months ago and I've started noticing that the front right headlight will switch off after riding a while.

Then when I turn it off and ride it again the next time, it's back on again for a while before it goes off again.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

I'm a novice when it comes to bike maintenance but I'm learning my way through it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome!
The bkmoto headlight is hid if I'm not mistaken.
You're probably dealing with a defective hid ballast (the box that the actual hid bulb connects to). Its also possible it's a bad connection or a bulb but the ballast is most likely given the symptoms.
You should be able to test the ballast by swapping them side to side and see if the issue follows the ballast. If it is indeed the ballast you should be able to get a replacement from bkmoto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Kenny.

I was only able to get it last week. (Couldn't ride cuz of worn out tyres on the used ninja)

Turns out the wiring was done pretty badly and the connection would break with the slightest of vibration. Tested this a few times to confirm. I've re-done the wiring now and the headlights seems to be working consistently.

All good now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi just seen you have bkmoto headlights...
I just ordered a set and been waiting for delivery and it’s been almost 2 months....
How do you like your headlights and what did your setup come with?.....
Do you have pics of your headlights by any chance?.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts