Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought a 2013 Ninja SE. Ive been looking into changing the headlights in some way, either LED conversion or I found these headlight housings on BK moto that basically do it all for a decent price. Anybody have them installed or experience with them? Pics would be appreciated if possible

·
Registered
417 Posts
There was a post about them not too long ago, their prices were pretty high if you ask me - we all have our budgets tho and if you think they're worth it, go for it. Not many services like them, most people just sell the hardware. Them lights do look nice

·
Registered
44 Posts
My boyfriend had looked at that kit and decided to do his own so he could customize his more. I can't remember the specifics and I can ask him what all he used. I know the halos and hids are morimoto and are pretty awesome. It is time consuming and but he was able to add 3 halos and demon eyes to his zx6r. Not sure what could be done on a 300, I will be doing a similar project in the winter so will be doing plenty or research also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks real nice, the more I'm thinking about it I might just buy LED conversion kits for the headlights. I hear they're real good, a friend of mine had them on a sportster

·
Registered
417 Posts
In the meantime, if you want to use both headlights - you can always lower the high beam aim and flip your hi beam lights on. That's what i did, looks much better and doesn't annoy people :p

·
Registered
208 Posts
i have the BKmoto and it definitely lights up the road alot more. i paid for the full service as i didnt want to try to install them myself. overall i would say it was worth the money. if you are confidant just purchase the HID kit from bkmoto and do the necessary lens modification. dont be a douche and pit HID into reflectors. get something that has projectors to avoid the glaring on incoming traffic. as others have mention get the chinese ZX6R headlight and put HID into them as another option

·
Registered
4 Posts
Easy install, preferred to DIY to learn more about my bike :) Here's mine :D

I have Red Demon (center) and the Halo lights (aka Angel Eyes) are LED Cool-White, and the HID is 6000k (legal where I'm from).

Was frustrating at times, but after all those hours troubleshooting, I felt awesome and confident to help anyone else install theirs.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts