Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there fellow riders!

Finally picked up my new 2014 Ninja 300 ABS SE - White on March 1st, 2014 :revv: I named her Khaleesi :whistling1smilie:

Got my M1 license almost 2 years ago but didn't really ride due to various reasons. So I am definitely still a new rider. Much to learn and many fears to get over!

This is my second bike. First one was a 2012 Ninja 250 - Black (no longer have this bike, ex boyfriend took it :dry:)

I will be keeping track of all mods and experiences with my new 300 on this thread.

WARNING: SHIT TON OF PHOTOS AHEAD.

Mods up to date:
Rainbow Iridium Windshield
Removed decals
Switched out factory red rim strips to reflective Pink.

Near future mods:
Two Brothers M2 VALE Slip On Exhaust(Carbon Fiber/Black Series) -- already arrived, waiting to install
Shaving my seat (i'm short, 5'2" just under 28" inseam)
Shorty Adjustable Levers (ASV or Pazzo or eBay?)
Fender Eliminator
Custom Reflective Tape on Fairings
White Seat Cowl
Re-upholster seat to Pink? (YES OR NO?)

Picked her up from Kawasaki of Hollywood.
In the rain...

She's beautiful!

Installed Rainbow Iridium Windshield!

And removed factory decals/stickers.

Installed Pink Reflective Rim Strips! (& removed red decal under "kawasaki" on lower fairing)

NO FLASH

WITH FLASH

Will update with new pics once new mods are installed.

Comments/opinions/suggestions are welcome!

-Christine

·
Registered
210 Posts
rim tape matches the windscreen nicely

Reactions: biker_kitty

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard, thanks for filling in you location details.

out of interest why didnt you buy a white 300 to begin with?

You mean the white 2013 model? All sold out. Only way to get white is to get the 2014 SE or get a used 2013 model. Didnt have the cash for a used so had to go with the new.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: cruizin

·
Registered
210 Posts
You mean the white 2013 model? All sold out. Only way to get white is to get the 2014 SE or get a used 2013 model. Didnt have the cash for a used so had to go with the new.

did you try BERTS MEGA MALL? i saw a couple the last time i was there maybe a few weeks ago. i was the same, wanted and all white model but got the 2014 cuz i couldnt wait and it just mesmerized me when i saw it in person.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Great job! If the pink is the same matching pink as the rim tape, I'd do the seat too. There will be a bit on the rear white seat cowling that will also need to be done, when you do get it, if you want it symmetrical. As most people know, I do love my pics, so do feel free to keep on posting them up...

Cheers...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome to the site. I saw another white 2014 and said find then I saw the decals come off :( guess the red would clash with the pink. I think if your gonna go through the trouble of having the seat shaved and re wrapped, you might as well order a new custom seat not only with a shorter ride height but maybe some memory foam since the stock seat can get quite uncomfortable.

Sounds like your going to have a blast with the bike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did you try BERTS MEGA MALL? i saw a couple the last time i was there maybe a few weeks ago. i was the same, wanted and all white model but got the 2014 cuz i couldnt wait and it just mesmerized me when i saw it in person.
I did check at Berts but every dealer was sold out :/

Another thing is im still on the fence about the black tank on the 2014 model. I feel like its a bit out of place. Oh well ! I'll make it work :) and yes. It was def mesmerizing!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great job! If the pink is the same matching pink as the rim tape, I'd do the seat too. There will be a bit on the rear white seat cowling that will also need to be done, when you do get it, if you want it symmetrical. As most people know, I do love my pics, so do feel free to keep on posting them up...

Cheers...
Thanks! I'll have to see if I can get the same pink as the rim tape for the seat. If not, I think im okay with a black seat for now.

What did you mean theres work to do on the cowl?

I love pics as well ! Many more to come.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Thanks! I'll have to see if I can get the same pink as the rim tape for the seat. If not, I think im okay with a black seat for now.

What did you mean theres work to do on the cowl?

I love pics as well ! Many more to come.

The rear cowl should look something like this. There is a black part to it. If you go pink for the main seat, you may want to do the part on the rear cowl too, to match it...Just a thought, that's all...

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
i approve of this thread

Reactions: biker_kitty

·
Registered
156 Posts
The rear cowl should look something like this. There is a black part to it. If you go pink for the main seat, you may want to do the part on the rear cowl too, to match it...Just a thought, that's all...

If you go for that option. She's got the rear seat, but if you customize one, I agree on making them both match.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts