Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we all know the biker club secret sign when passing a fellow rider. We certainly don't tell cagers about it, and that's half the fun.

Anyways, does anyone have any stories about interesting interactions with people when riding?

I was recently at a stop sign where a father was pushing his children around in one of those little toddler toy cars. Little boy in the back was grinning ear to ear waving to me.

After a long work day, a kid making you feel like a superhero is pretty great. I waved back at the little feller while getting a knowing nod from the father. Then I went along my way with a little smile under my helmet.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Yeah, got that at a local walmart as I was checking out, had my gear on, helmet in hand and a youngin' bout 5yrs says to dad "look at the motorcycle guy dad! Hope it was a good impression and not a scary one...i'm kinda grey around the edges and have a "weathered" look.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
I was at a stop light one day and a guy in a, minivan was staring at my bike longingly haha. Daydreaming while ignoring the kids gone wild in the back

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
There was a little girl riding her bike around my neighborhood when I first got my bike. As I rode by her, she would just stop and watch me. Finally I stopped and waved at her and let her look at the bike. She had a huge smile.

There was also a time when I was at a stop light and there were kids in the back of a car. They were in awe and had their faces pressed against the glass. So I waved and hit the throttle. They brightened up and started clapping lol.

Its awesome how kids love motorcycles so much. Reminds me of when I was little and my dad put me on his goldwing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
934 Posts
Kids hate me... >_< I was in the supermarket trying to find some milk and this kid in a cart seat says to his dad..... "dad... a strange man......." as his father just pulls the cart away after i look over... the father was not pleased..

Now kids downtown walking with their parents! thats a different story! they seem to be infatuated with motorcycles lol

· Banned
666 Posts
Yeah, got that at a local walmart as I was checking out, had my gear on, helmet in hand and a youngin' bout 5yrs says to dad "look at the motorcycle guy dad! Hope it was a good impression and not a scary one...i'm kinda grey around the edges and have a "weathered" look.

Kids dont point out scary monsters so i think you were good LOL

· Registered
934 Posts
Kids dont point out scary monsters so i think you were good LOL

I think his parents prob were in the stage of teaching him not to talk to strangers lol and I was only a few feet away... i suppose easily mistakable..?

I should of responded "look a strange child..." LOL

Reactions: bosshunt

· Registered
401 Posts
Back when I was a n00b and was cruising along a 4 lane shopping district road when some dude in a chopper rolled up next to me and started a conversation at 45MPH. He had on a half shell helmet and was smoking a cig. When it was his exit, he reached out for a fist bump. I had the tummy jitters for an hour.

Last weekend I was at a red light on the 300 just blipping the throttle a little seeing what sounds I could get out of it. A family was coming from a local winter festival skate park waiting for the WALK light to come on. The youngest daughter of 3 started blipping the throttle on her imaginary handlebars. Then she told her sisters and her mom, "Watch I can make that motorcycle rev up". So everytime she twisted her wrist I rev'd and her sisters got a big kick out of it. When I rode off and looked in my mirror they all had imaginary handlebars

· Registered
1,581 Posts
i just experienced my first negative thing on a bike from the public... and another rider even! asshole on a harley cut me off at a 3 way stop sign simply because i was on a sportbike. he definitely saw me cause i had arrived at the stop first before him and he launched it when i proceeded to move out.

· Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just experienced my first negative thing on a bike from the public... and another rider even! asshole on a harley cut me off at a 3 way stop sign simply because i was on a sportbike. he definitely saw me cause i had arrived at the stop first before him and he launched it when i proceeded to move out.
I let those HD riders pass whenever they want to cut me off. I figure, we have more fun in the twisties than they ever could. So, let them enjoy their pipes at straights.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
87 Posts
Outside of work I maybe ride a car 15 miles a month and that's just so my stuff won't get stolen while I skate. But I guess in a big streach of the word we all are. But on topic. My main reaction is people confusing the bikes size. One guy asked 600, another even said 1200 lol. I see maybe confusing it for 600 but for a zx1200!!! He asked if it tops out at 220. i accidentally busted out laughing

· Registered
761 Posts
I ride so much each year, (20,000+ miles) that when I'm in my cage, I accidentally still wave at incoming bikes.:D

· Registered
1,001 Posts
I ride so much each year, (20,000+ miles) that when I'm in my cage, I accidentally still wave at incoming bikes.:D
Guilty...
have done this a few times and then I curse at myself.

· Registered
18 Posts
A guy to the right of me in an unmarked white van was blatantly staring at me while I was teetering on my tip-toes at a stop light. Does that count?

Really though, I wave to the big dudes on their huge bike. No cares.

I hate to use gender as an advantage, but I can't help but feel like drivers and other riders would be nicer to me if I wore pink or anything that screamed "girl." I feel like most of the time I probably just look like a punk ass teenage boy.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
I don't particularly wear anything that screams girl, all my gear is silver/black..
I still get respect from those around me though for the most part. :\

· Registered
761 Posts
I rode a Yamaha V-Max for 15 years. At first glance at a distance, it could be mistaken for a Hardley. It fooled many a pirate into waving at me. :)
Quite often as we came upon each other, I would get a partial wave, then they would throw there hand down in shame as they realized they just waved at a foreign bike. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.