Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I tried jumping my battery on my Ninja 300 a couple days ago. But me being my stupid self, I 1) used a car and 2) accidentally crossed the poles (+ --> -, - --> +). I knew that I ruined my battery, so I went and got a new one.

I charged the battery over night last night using a battery tender (which shows that the battery is fully charged). But, when I connect it up to the bike, it won't even turn on. I switch the ignition to the "on" position and the dash lights don't even appear.

I'm guessing that it's an electrical issue (i.e. blown fuse maybe?) stemming from my "backwards" jump of the bike a couple days ago.

Can anyone help?????????

·
Registered
107 Posts
Check your fuses, hopefully a fuse blew before it fed back through the electrical system.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I know it sounds retarded but make sure the battery is on correctly, check fuses with a tool if possible, make sure kill switch is not engaged, try in 1st gear and neutral, and try push start her.

Otherwise I'm no mechanic and cannot help.

Reactions: zbburke

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Assuming you've double-checked that your battery is good (with a multimeter)...
Assuming that you've checked your battery's connections, they're clean and solid (and correct polarity)...
Assuming you've checked all the fuses (including the 30a fuse on the starter relay, with a multimeter or test light)...

...and they're all OK, then you've potentially fried your ECU, RR, relay box, and more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So once checking everything with an electricity meter, I found that I fried one of the 30V fuses for the master fuse. It cost me $5 to replace, and now the bike is running perfectly!

Thanks for the help guys!!! I really, really appreciate it!

-Zac

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice glad you got the bad boy running.

·
Registered
952 Posts
^ what? Read much?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts