Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read a lot of posts of People having this same problem and never figured it out or posted that they found the solution. My bike was not starting, I couldn’t hear the fuel pump and it was flashing the check engine light . I tested : Every Fuse, wire harness connection, Sensor, the battery, relay box (relay box pins ) and just about all of the pins on the ECU . Tested The fuel pump directly with the battery and it worked fine .
Eventually I found a viedo on YouTube and it went over a Signal wire that comes from the Ignition . It was for a different bike but I still checked it out and had Zero power coming from it (grey wire). It’s supposed to read 9V.
There is a resistor in the ignition that drops it from 12V to 9V . My grey Wire had completely separated from the ball of solder that connects it to the resistor. It hadn’t fallen out of the ignition housing so I had not suspected it of error. I had to carefully pull on it to check if it was connected or not .
After I did a little surgery and re soldered the wire , My bike fired right up . You can either buy a new ignition and fight with the security bolts or just cut the lower left side off so you can re solder the wire.
When I was done i sealed it off with Epoxy so the solder points wouldn’t be put under any stress/flex And it also covered up that I had cut it open in the first place .

· Registered
654 Posts
(SNIP)
Eventually I found a viedo on YouTube and it went over a Signal wire that comes from the Ignition . It was for a different bike but I still checked it out and had Zero power coming from it (grey wire). It’s supposed to read 9V.
There is a resistor in the ignition that drops it from 12V to 9V . My grey Wire had completely separated from the ball of solder that connects it to the resistor. It hadn’t fallen out of the ignition housing so I had not suspected it of error. I had to carefully pull on it to check if it was connected or not .
After I did a little surgery and re soldered the wire , My bike fired right up . You can either buy a new ignition and fight with the security bolts or just cut the lower left side off so you can re solder the wire.
When I was done i sealed it off with Epoxy so the solder points wouldn’t be put under any stress/flex And it also covered up that I had cut it open in the first place .
Thanks for the update!

Yes, it really sucks where someone previously has the same problem, eventually solves it, but never updates their thread to describe the solution.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update!

Yes, it really sucks where someone previously has the same problem, eventually solves it, but never updates their thread to describe the solution.
Hitting all the dead ends gets frustrating and discouraging. Every time I have a issue I can’t find any info on ,I’m going to post what it was and how I fixed it . That way the next person can at least catch a break .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts