Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 ninja 300se abs. It was having battery troubles earlier, where the battery was slowly losing charge, and I had to jump start a few times. The last time I jumped my ninja the battery instantly lost all charge, my car I was jumping it off of almost died, and the main fuse blew (I think I'm pretty lucky the battery didn't explode on me). I replaced the fuse and battery, and everything worked fine for the first day.

The problem now is that when I'm riding, the power will randomly cut out. The engine dies and half the time the HUD will also die, but then the engine will come back to life and the HUD will come back on after 1-5 seconds randomly. Now I can't ride because this will happen within a few seconds of start, and I can't keep the RPM high enough to last the moments of no electricity.

My only guess is that the some wires may have been fried, or I've damaged the charging component of the bike.

· Registered
656 Posts
Check your battery voltage before starting. It should be over 12.7V if it's fully charged. Then check it when you crank the engine over. It should stay above 10V during cranking.

Then start it up and read the voltage. It should be in the 13V range at idle.

Then rev the engine to about 4000 RPMs and check it. It should be at 14V or more.

That will tell you if you have a battery or a charging system problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.