Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I would try and figure out though if they say it was normal or not as if that's normal, A clutch upgrade is going to be a needed item in the future or they better have a recall for the clutches as a clutch on a low powered bike like this should last near 70k+ miles easily.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would try and figure out though if they say it was normal or not as if that's normal, A clutch upgrade is going to be a needed item in the future or they better have a recall for the clutches as a clutch on a low powered bike like this should last near 70k+ miles easily.
now you got me wondering the same question...

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I mean to legitimately murder a clutch in under a year, you'd definitely know that you're killing it as it smell pretty bad and be showing signs of slipping a lot not to mention what is going on in your gearbox if you are that screwed up with the clutch. The bikes at most MSF sites have through every grade of new rider you can think of. Many of those bikes have a lot of miles on them as some places have bikes from the 80s still being used and almost all of the ones I've seen are still on their original clutch.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Probably sat there for 2 weeks 6 days and on the 3rd week they decided to look at it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Clutches never go from working to zero working
Something is amiss
Unless it was something to do with the new slipper clutch?
Except even that I believe does not slip all the plates just one or two
at the rear where the slipper finger pops up afaik

Odd case but glad you have it all sorted

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Aftermarket levers? My guess is that the clutch wasn't fully disengaging and it burned out over time.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts