Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own a bike to bike radio that actually works. I am looking to buy something to talk to my hubby on road trips. bike to bike that is. My friend just bought a system for $700.00 and it doesn't work very well. I can't remember the name of it. due to, after she said it doesn't work very well. I didn't listen to the rest of the conversation. Anyone bought any such item that actually works?

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
I just got 2 O'Neal Racing Tirade Bluetooth Helmet and I love them you can not talk on the phone at 70 or above as the wind sound blocks it out but the work really well at 65 and under. Also I love them as my wife is just starting out and I am able to talk to her as she rides in front of me and help give her tip's. I really like the fact that I am able to just play my music with out having annoying head phones on. But once more sound kinda sucks at 70+ even for the music side.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the range you need to be in, to talk too your wife. How close does she have to be in order for you two to hear each other

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I use the Nolan B4 system since I have a nolan N-104. Connects just fine with my buddy who uses an older gen nolan system. Has a range of about 400ft. Was able to still talk with him when he was quite a ways ahead of me but as he got further the gain dropped so it got harder to hear. My Nolan N-104 is relatively quiet for a modular, I can hear it up to about 65MPH as well. Over that and wind noise and ear plugs make it to where I can't hear it anymore. The overall ability to hear it will be dependent on helmet fit. If the helmet is nice and snug and doesn't have any open holes underneath, you will be able to hear things much better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you fishdip and freelancermg for your experience with these products. Now I have too good leads to look into TXS again

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm surprised there is no mention of chatterbox as they are one of the largest retailers. They mount to helmet so quality can depend on how much wind your helmet keeps out. I believe one model has like a 1 mile range and connects to 5 others.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just bought 4 Sena SMH-10 bluetooth headsets. They work great got them of ebay for $120 each. Easy to use and you can install it on any helmet. Sounds good too. I did a video using this headset. I'll share a link below.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
We just bought 4 Sena SMH-10 bluetooth headsets. They work great got them of ebay for $120 each. Easy to use and you can install it on any helmet. Sounds good too. I did a video using this headset. I'll share a link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzUzibeFalg

Great review! Any chance of a video with you walking around your bike so we can hear the exhaust better?:)

·
Super Moderator
2,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
The baehr system out of Germany is hands down the best system. Uses frs radio and crystal clear at any speed. They are very expensive, though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Me and my riding buddies use a mix of (compatible) Sena devices - works great for up to 4-way comms!

·
Registered
490 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzUzibeFalg
I've been reading up on the same one.converted to US should be roughly $230.ideal for superbike riders due to slim design and light weight.listen to music via blue tooth from cell or mp3.make and recieve calls wierlessly.full voice prompt menu.simple to mount.free frimware ugrades to stay up to date with technology.audio booster.multipoint.bluetooth 3.0.talk to up to 4 people at a time.900m range(± half a mile)-Dirt magazine
Durban-20130722-00670.jpg
Didn't see you had the exact price..sorry man

·
Registered
909 Posts
omfg I want these bike to bike communicators for me and the gf!

Not sure the helmets are DOT and Snell certified though....

I'd rock it. But I personally love the fact that I can't hear the women when on the bike. Finally some piece and quiet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts