Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 1600 kms on the clock. Started doing it at I'd say 600-700 kms.
Basically, when the bike is cold (it may be 30°C outside, but the bike hasn't been ridden for the day), it takes a bit longer to start. It was starting really quick when brand new, now it tries to start, then stops and then starts as it should.
I can also hear some clicking noises on the throttle cable (mostly when opening it while completely closed) and the engine makes weird noises down low (~3k-5k rpm), something like boiling water. I don't know if the three problems are correlated, but the bike still runs like a dream apart from these noises.
About the starting issue, what could the problem be? Faulty battery? Starter motor? Maybe try a different kind of oil? Some problem with the engine itself?
I am not a mechanic so I have no idea what could be causing it. I am open to suggestions. VIDEO HERE
Just to clarify: the bike is a Z300, not a Ninja 300.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is, it kinda looks like it's starting (engine fires once) but then "dies" and takes a little bit linger to start. Maybe it's just how it's supposed to be, I asked because when it was brand new it started right up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, little update. The first time I turn the key on, it makes a strange noise. When I turn it off and on again, it's much quieter and the third time it doesn't do any abnormal noise. Fuel pump issue? If I do this two or three times the bike also cranks better and starts right up.
VIDEO: https://youtu.be/t14agAOOcNo

·
Registered
246 Posts
My motorcycle(Ninja 300) does not make the same sound as yours did the first time you turned the key on. Yours sounds louder. If it starts better after you turn it on/off a few times like you said, it can be a fuel pump issue. Maybe your fuel pump is having difficulty creating enough pressure.

You should get your fuel pump checked.

Your bike must be in the warranty period so keep using it as much as possible, if the fuel pump is the problem, it would gradually get worse making it even easier to claim warranty.

Regards,
Kaustav

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.