Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering sending in my wheels to be powder coated and I was wondering how I would keep my bike stored without any wheels.. Don't stands lock on to a hole in the wheel and that's what they're held up by? What equipment do I use questions keep the bike up without wheels lol

I would like to:
Send in both wheels to be powder coated
Remove side middle fairings to install sliders and as I understand it, I need to remove the side fairings too to remove the headlights? I'm sending in my headlights to be retrofitted by bkmoto too for the Halo and demon eyes.

Other questions I have as a noob lol
- Can someone point me in the right direction on how I would remove the tire from the wheel and the disk break and everything from the wheel so the only part I'm sending in is the wheel itself that is being powder coated?
- How do I remove the headlights?

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
277 Posts
Pit Bull or T-Rex stands.

Make sure the front lifts at the triple tree since its far more useful than a fork lift.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Harbor freight has a rear spool stand for around 40 bucks shipped... I just got mine last night and it seems solid enough for regular home use, especially on the little 300..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Notorious for weak stands. It works in a pinch but your money is far better spent buying a Pitbull or T-Rex stand.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just got my venom rear spool stand and front triple tree combo stand about a week ago.

For the money, I feel it's the best bang for your buck. I haven't had any doubt with them lifting the bike, and only cost me $120 shipped.

Rear spool, front triple tree, and also can do the front forks with them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just got my venom rear spool stand and front triple tree combo stand about a week ago.

For the money, I feel it's the best bang for your buck. I haven't had any doubt with them lifting the bike, and only cost me $120 shipped.

Rear spool, front triple tree, and also can do the front forks with them.
Where did you purchase them? I'm in the market for stands

·
Registered
345 Posts
Where did you purchase them? I'm in the market for stands
I bought them off of Amazon, but they are from Kapsco moto.

Pretty sure they are the same price from either site, or I might of saved like maybe 3 bucks buying them through Amazon hahaa.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Received mine today.. I assembled it but I still can't use it since I'm waiting on my rear spools. For the rear stand, the rubber should be on the bottom supporting the spools right? And how do I know which pin to use for the front stand? I have all but one that doesn't fit lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
A lot of folks that have had problems with them own 600's (track bikes) which weigh the same if not less than the 300.
I bought harbor freight front and rear stands for my 250, when I bought my gsxr 750, I used the same stands, zero issues, zero worry YMMV

·
Banned
277 Posts
+1. People talk crap about the harbor freight stands but mine is solid. For $40 you can't beat it.

People talk crap about them because they are crap. If you're rarely using it then you can get by but folks that have tried them for track days discovered that they were far too flimsy for any serious use.

A local shop owner in Northern Virginia (who also races) has one in his shop next to a pitbull stand, he'll put a bike on each of them and have you wiggle/rock the bike around, the pitbull stand always maintained composer with the bike and the HF stand almost always left 2 of the tech reaching out to keep the bike from falling.

Can you get by with it? Sure. But many of us recognize that quality items that last aren't cheap. But good luck with your cheap purchase. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
People talk crap about them because they are crap. If you're rarely using it then you can get by but folks that have tried them for track days discovered that they were far too flimsy for any serious use.

A local shop owner in Northern Virginia (who also races) has one in his shop next to a pitbull stand, he'll put a bike on each of them and have you wiggle/rock the bike around, the pitbull stand always maintained composer with the bike and the HF stand almost always left 2 of the tech reaching out to keep the bike from falling.

Can you get by with it? Sure. But many of us recognize that quality items that last aren't cheap. But good luck with your cheap purchase. :rolleyes:
Many of us will never see a track and simply need something that will do the job on the weekends. Like I said, mine is solid. Get off your high horse.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Many of us will never see a track and simply need something that will do the job on the weekends. Like I said, mine is solid. Get off your high horse.

No horse here and track time is the ultimate test to a parts quality, I'm simply trying to save as many as I can the hassle of buying a cheap item that's known not to last.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No horse here and track time is the ultimate test to a parts quality, I'm simply trying to save as many as I can the hassle of buying a cheap item that's known not to last.

I've had my for 3 years... I use them in the garage for oil changes and other maintenance. Also ran my 250 WOT to film my exhaust sound... Maybe you track guys are just worried what other riders will think? That said, if I could afford track days, I'm sure I'd be able to afford better stands, and a better bike...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts