Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was in the market to just buy one stand for checking fluids, oil changes, and light maintenance should I get a rear or front stand? What do you folks think of that front chock that you drive your front tire into?

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the venom front and rear stands. Will make cleaning/lubing the chain and cleaning the rims soooooo much easier.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the venom front and rear stands. Will make cleaning/lubing the chain and cleaning the rims soooooo much easier.
This is the whole reason I got a rear stand

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
618 Posts
LOL is it strange that I think I am far more likely to drop the bike when putting it on or taking it off the stand than just doing things with it on the kick stand?

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Bah! I've had both wheels off and the shock and forks out. I haven't got either a stand or a chock. I have a floor jack for the car and a scrap of wood.

For cleaning and lube or changing the oil you don't need them either.

Lube the chain? LOL! I've got 2500 miles and I won't put a drop of oil on it, EVER. Chain lube is why you are cleaning your wheels so much! Every street and dirt bike I've had with an X or O ring chain get the same treatment, washed with soap and run to dry. You guys are making this more difficult than it really is.

·
Registered
652 Posts
LOL is it strange that I think I am far more likely to drop the bike when putting it on or taking it off the stand than just doing things with it on the kick stand?
Not as far as I'm concerned. Every time I'm putting it on the stand or taking it off the stand its quite scary. It's actually not as hard as I feel like it is, but it's a heart stopper every time for me right now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When you get them and the bike, let me know how you like them. Probably going to go that way also.
I got the stands in the mail. They seem pretty good quality. I was going to put them together but there were a bunch of tiny crumbs (packaged with it probably to preserve the material) and was starting to make a mess on the floor so I'll do it in the garage soon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts