Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to this forum. I currently dont own a bike i am in the process in making a decision. Im 6'2 and weigh about 100kg. I normally weigh bout 90kg i was just wondering if this bike will be to small for me. Im tossing up between ninja 300 , suzuki gs500f, Hysuong gt250r. Wondering which would be best suited bike for size.
Regards,
Scott

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
As long as you aren't pushing above 180kg you'll be fine. :) Stay away from the Hyosung like the plague atm. Very high maintenance and has lower performance and weighs more compared to the ninja.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
yeaa, stay away from the Hysuong gt250r. Every review I've seen on it has only had bad things to say. If you like the idea of a 250cc, go with the Honda.

But with that said, it isn't so much your weight that would be tricky to deal with. It takes a little away from acceleration but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. However, with that said, the 250cc bikes out there can't do highway that well. The Ninja 300 tops out at 175-180 kph on the speedo. Plenty for highway.

Your only real concern would be your height. You may feel slightly cramped on the 300. But you would't be the only rider your size on one. Some still ride stock, others elect to get aftermarket adjustable rearsets to give them more leg room. SO there are options.

I don't know enough about the gs500f to comment in detail. But it looks to be tuned for torque over HP, targeted more for sport touring. So it should be a forgiving starter bike with a good amount of room. But these are just assumptions. You'll have to sit on on.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi guys im new to this forum. I currently dont own a bike i am in the process in making a decision. Im 6'2 and weigh about 100kg. I normally weigh bout 90kg i was just wondering if this bike will be to small for me. Im tossing up between ninja 300 , suzuki gs500f, Hysuong gt250r. Wondering which would be best suited bike for size.
Regards,
Scott

This like would be great for you, espeacially as a new rider. It has great power for a 296 CC engine. A lot of people are really suprised by it. There are poeple on this forum that have liter bikes, or zx10rs, and gxxer 1000s, but love this bike for commutting. It is very comfortable and gets great gas mileage. You would not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am somewhat big and I love my ninja 300

I am 6'1", 48" chest, 40" (not that I am proud :( about that) and I weigh 240lbs/108kg. I have ridden my ninja 300 about 200 miles in the last 4 weeks since I have gotten it. Would've ridden it more except for the snow. Anyhow, I feel really good on the bike. My wife was worried I would look ridiculous on the bike but once she saw me on it - she doesn't think so now. I asked two of my teenage daughter's friends when they mentioned loving my bike - if I looked too big for the bike and they said I didn't (That may not mean much to some but, one of the girls is always surprisingly brutally honest :eek:)

When I get on the interstate, I like to hug the tank and it is then that I feel possibly just a wee bit cramped but not too badly. I have ridden upto 40 minutes on the highway and have felt just fine in that "tucked" position.

Even with my size and weight the bike still drives great and accelerates nice (it will acc. even better once I get my PRW CMDR 5, and other extras - hopefully)

Hope this helps! I can't tell anyone enough how much I love my Ninja 300 SE!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Suzuki SV650 would be nice for you as a starter bike. I personally like my Ninja 300 for nimbleness and looks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would recommend that you start here;

Www.cycle-ergo.com

They have an interactive tool where you can enter your dimensions then see how you would fit on various bikes.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm 6'2, I find the 300 just fine. But I also have short legs, my buddy with a CBR250RA is 6'2 as well and he doesn't fit on the 300. I find the 300 more comfy than his CBR.

I assume you're aiming for a cheap bike? Granted the Hyosung is cheap, it's toooo cheap. They've made some quality improvements recently but it's still a 416lb 250cc pig. CBR250RA is 366lbs and not really that much more expensive. The Ninja 300 is like10lbs heavier.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The Ninja 300 fits someone about 5'7" perfectly. If I were over 6 ft. I would look at all those tall-seated bikes like the DR-Z400. I always wanted to ride one of those, but at 5'7" I only ride bikes with shorter seat hts...Ninja 250, 300, 650r, Triumph Street Triple r, GSXers. Those are ideal for shorter people.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I would recommend that you start here;

Www.cycle-ergo.com

They have an interactive tool where you can enter your dimensions then see how you would fit on various bikes.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free
I laughed so hard when that site let me specify a 8' 10" Passenger with a 68" inseam. The picture was hilarious.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I can say this, I'm 5'10" and at a full tuck, my knees are above my elbows. I don't go full tuck because it make me way too big for the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts