Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the process of getting in touch with the general manager of Miller's Ale House that just opened up here in Commack. Currently, the only bike night held on Long Island that I know of is once a month at Cycle Gear which opened this past October but let's get serious for a second. Who REALLY wants to hang out at a gear / accessory store once a month. How can we really call that a bike night? We can't because it's not.

When I lived in FL, Hooters held a bike night EVERY Wednesday while Cycle Gear does it once a month. In FL, Hooters would be PACKED on bike night. AT LEAST 200 bikes of all kinds accompanied by music, food, drinks, etc. Upon moving back to NY last June with my 300, I immediately noticed a HUGE difference in not only riding but with places to go. Sport bars here aren't as popular as sport bars down in FL. In NY, it's very hard to find a good hang out place. I miss Duffy's, Brus Room, and all those other types of places.

After attending 3 Cycle Gear bike nights, I've grew bored. Not many show up, sure this last time we had a good 20-30 bikes but that's NOTHING compared to what we could do. This is exactly why I'm in the process of sitting down with the general manager so I can explain this all to him, and run the idea past him. The two assistant managers are for it but I still need to talk to the main guy which is hard to do but I have an appointment to go see him tomorrow around 3pm. I'm simply going to point out that his parking lot is HUGE, and I feel a bike night would do GREAT there. I'm going to suggest an off night as Hooters did Wednesday this way it does not interfere with his regular business. I'm also going to make it known that I'm seeking NOTHING in return. I just want to see this happen as this is what people want. They want to have a cold beer followed by some wings or a burger. Sure, Cycle Gear bike night is still going to happen and I'll still go and so will plenty of others but it gets old, and more people would attend a bike night at a sports bar. I'm going to plant it in his mind that I'm not seeking any kind of payment, free stuff or anything. I just want a better place to have a bike night. I'm sure it will work out, and I'll keep everyone posted regarding this.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Good idea and good on ya for following through!

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I have not heard back from the manager. When I spoke to him, he told me Tuesday which was 3 days away. I ended up seeing him after that day as I was there for a few drinks, and I asked him if he had an update for me, and he's like, oh, I won't see the upper guys until Tuesday trying to like act like I didn't know he told me Tuesday of the week before so I said alright.

It's now another 2 weeks, and I have not heard anything about it. It's very unfortunate as it's good business for them. It's really completely THEIR LOSS.

I'll keep trying, and I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw manager tonight, asked him why I never heard from him and he told me his boss shot it down as they think it would get out of control. I told him that's too bad as I wouldn't allow it to as well as shooting down a good money opportunity. I spoke to him about it again for about 10 minutes and he said he would run it up the ladder again next Spring. It really is too bad as it's their loss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts