Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike has like 26 miles on it, which was just the first day I brought it home. When I first put it in the garage, it made some weird noises from the gas tank area. I thought it was just vapors escaping and thought nothing of it. It's like a whine noise, but not high pitch. Lasts about a second or two.

Soooo, I thought it went away. But this evening I was tearing the R6 down and about once every minute, I would hear a slight whine noise. Heard it about 8 times before I went over to the 300, and realized it was the culprit.

Making weird ass whining / half whine-half grunt noises.

WTF? :confused:

Keys out of the ignition, kill switch is on, and I'm at a loss. Never heard something like this from any bike. And now I find out it's still doing it a month later. Dafuq?!

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Mine does it all the time after riding it. Its just mad its not being ridden

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suppose that makes sense, as I was running a propane heater and it touched 85*F in my garage today, while it's been averaging around 15*F every other day.

This is where the R6 and the 300 are sitting for a few more months. It's supposed to be in the low teens for the rest of the week. Riding's not possible.

Reactions: MjNinja300ABS

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Suppose that makes sense, as I was running a propane heater and it touched 85*F in my garage today, while it's been averaging around 15*F every other day.

This is where the R6 and the 300 are sitting for a few more months. It's supposed to be in the low teens for the rest of the week. Riding's not possible.

Nonsense!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yup, my lil' 250 does the same thing....actually does sound like it is a grunting whine, like uhawwww lets go back out there and ride!
Guess my 300 will do the same, going to dealer today to put down a little so he will not sell it, got a buyer for the 250.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
It took me a while to figure it out. I was out in my garage at like 10pm by myself and kept hearing it. Thought a cat or something was watching me from the rafters in there and my dog kept looking at me funny from outside. Thought I was gunna die.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
It took me a while to figure it out. I was out in my garage at like 10pm by myself and kept hearing it. Thought a cat or something was watching me from the rafters in there and my dog kept looking at me funny from outside. Thought I was gunna die.

Borat was up in the rafter in his man thong, doing his mating call :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It's nothing to do with venting gas. Open the cap it's still gonna do it while the cap is open. I think their must be some type of pump or something on it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: MjNinja300ABS

·
Registered
129 Posts
I never noticed it until I read this post a while back, then finally heard it :) now when I am in the garage the bikes purr to me, almost like they are begging for attention-damn cold weather, supposed to snow today and its in the 20's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts