Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 300 fell over this morning (very windy! :():

Good news is there's minimal damage at first look (other than scuffs on the handlebar) but there's a random bolt on the ground.

Does anyone recognize this?

It appears to be part of the carnage but I couldn't find anywhere on the right side it could match up to.

Bike still runs / brakes / clutches no problem, but a random bolt on the ground is still concerning.

It's possible it's not even from MY bike but given the location (you can see it in 1st photo) and timing, it seems pretty likely..

Photo of right side after it's back up:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No sooner posting this did a friend figure it out ;-)

It's from the right foot peg (the feeler if you get too close to the ground). Seems it took the brunt of the force when falling!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine were gone on my 300 when I got it, wonder how, lol.
Funny, snapped it off my zx6r when it was new too. Common failure point. I'd take them off anyway for track, so for most, no harm done. Make sure the footpeg and its mount and stuff aren't damaged, that could be a safety issue.

-Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine were gone on my 300 when I got it, wonder how, lol.
Funny, snapped it off my zx6r when it was new too. Common failure point. I'd take them off anyway for track, so for most, no harm done. Make sure the footpeg and its mount and stuff aren't damaged, that could be a safety issue.

-Mike
Surprisingly the foot peg/mount and everything else looks good! Agreed, no harm now that they're gone, just glad it didn't do any real damage as I don't currently have frame sliders :eek:
When I first got the 300 a few years ago I did the classic slow fall while stopped because I stupidly thought I had the stand down (it wasn't) and that was a PITA to bang out the gear shifter but no lasting damage either.

Checked out my car's dashcam footage (always running in parking mode) and it really did fall over - the gusts are pretty strong here today and the wind was hitting the right spot which is crazy... Completely stock other than levers, but still got pushed over even though it was leaning into the wind. Back to parking the bike where I had it before (perpendicular - has never fallen there).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Glad the bike is [otherwise] ok!

Checked out my car's dashcam footage (always running in parking mode) and it really did fall over - the gusts are pretty strong here today and the wind was hitting the right spot which is crazy...
(bolding mine)

Now THAT would make a GREAT YouTube video!!!
Any chance we could take a look-see?
:whistle:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad the bike is [otherwise] ok!

(bolding mine)

Now THAT would make a GREAT YouTube video!!!
Any chance we could take a look-see?
:whistle:
Sadly it's much less exciting than it sounds. My dashcam's parking mode is set pretty strict so the action is over in less than a sec... :-(
You can see the wind though! It was parked correctly and locked but the wind was gusting in just the right direction...

·
Registered
537 Posts
WOW, that is INSANE though! I would never have thought the bike would just fall over; I guess those fairings act as a sail!

THANKS for uploading it! 👍 👍 👍

·
Registered
94 Posts
Always try to park facing into the wind. The bike was designed to be aerodynamic. I’ve had mine on stands through 100 mph hurricane winds with no problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Always try to park facing into the wind. The bike was designed to be aerodynamic. I’ve had mine on stands through 100 mph hurricane winds with no problems.
For sure. I used to always park it perpendicular to where it is in the first photo (i.e. in the convenient crevice by the fence) but this year I got lazy and just parked it in front of car. Laziness lost and I learned a valuable lesson 😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts