Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Best season for better deals in California?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Torchsport 
Being a new bike, I doubt we'll see discounts below msrp for several years. I've watched this happen with the relatively new Honda CBR250R.

That being said, I've bought all of my bikes between november, and april. That's the best time here anyways.
I bought my '03 Goldwing on xmas eve of '03. The '04's were hitting the floor, and they were trying to make a few final sales. I paid $14,500, which was a smoking deal.
You got taken, I bought a '03 Goldwing the same day for $14,128.

Don't bother with the 250. Fuel injection alone is worth the higher price, as is the slipper clutch. And more power!
FWIW. I was just in my local dealer, and they had two '12 250's with a price of $4,399. :confused:
Another $400 would get you a year newer 300!
No brainer, IMO.
When I sold my last 250R in early '08 I vowed to buy a new one as soon as they made it FI, thinking it would be within a year or two. Who knew it would take 4.5 year for Kawi to get with the times but this new 300 was worth the wait! Definitely worth the higher price!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.