Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Ninja300 2016, this is my first time a buy a bike, so i have no idea about getting a good insurance for it. please help me to decide

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
I personally got my best rate through Geico. For full coverage with a $250 deductible, I'm only paying $238/year for my Ninja 300. I do get a discount for taking the MSF course and for not having any speeding tickets or moving violations in the last 7 years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I suggest getting quotes from a few different companies, stick with the big reputable ones (GEICO, Allstate, etc.) It's not just cost of insurance, it's service and reimbursement in case you need to actually file a claim. The best rates I have found for me are with Allstate. I had a claim a few years ago when I totaled my Honda VFR, and Allstate claim processing was great.

·
Banned
2 Posts
great... nice :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
...what are the steps I take to maximize my settlement amount?
That wording -probably unjustly- doesn't quite sit right with me, as it sounds like there's a hint of getting paid more than what is rightly due.
Of course, I know that this is likely just my paranoia, and not at all what you meant to convey! :giggle:

Further to all the good suggestions, a permanent, rear-facing camera might be a good investment also.

I personally got my best rate through Geico. For full coverage with a $250 deductible, I'm only paying $238/year for my Ninja 300. I do get a discount for taking the MSF course and for not having any speeding tickets or moving violations in the last 7 years.

THAT is a very good deal!

I went with Rider Insurance, but I believe that isn't available to the OP.
Deductible is $500, and premium is $288/year, but I went with max. allowable coverages, as here in Pennsylvania I reckon they are set WAY too low!
The legal minimum for coverages are:

Bodily Injury Liability $10,000/person, $30'000 accident (I went with $100,000/person, $300'000 accident)
(same for uninsured and underinsured)

Property Damage Liability $5,000/accident (I went with $50,000/accident)

The premium doesn't go up that much if you max. out the coverages, and the legal minimums (at least in PA) are far too low in my opinion; i.e. although my coverages are 10 times higher than the legal minimum, the premium went up only by a few %.

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
I went with Rider Insurance, but I believe that isn't available to the OP.
Deductible is $500, and premium is $288/year, but I went with max. allowable coverages, as here in Pennsylvania I reckon they are set WAY too low!
The legal minimum for coverages are:

Bodily Injury Liability $10,000/person, $30'000 accident (I went with $100,000/person, $300'000 accident)
(same for uninsured and underinsured)

Property Damage Liability $5,000/accident (I went with $50,000/accident)

The premium doesn't go up that much if you max. out the coverages, and the legal minimums (at least in PA) are far too low in my opinion; i.e. although my coverages are 10 times higher than the legal minimum, the premium went up only by a few %.
Your max coverage is my standard - I do recall PA having crazy low requirements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts