Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bent handlebar right up the end near where the cluth connection is. Is it worth just buying a new handlebar or putting a pipe in it to try fix it as a cheaper option as im short on money ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures would help us do justice.
will snap some up soon :) struggling to get the bar end off! might need a corded power drill

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
I was going to say I'd sell you one real cheap since I have clip-ons, but I see you're from Australia :(.

I know some of you Aussies have clip-ons and don't need your stock bar :p.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to say I'd sell you one real cheap since I have clip-ons, but I see you're from Australia :(.

I know some of you Aussies have clip-ons and don't need your stock bar :p.
Yeah nah I don't have clip-ons just stock, if its cheaper to get clip-ons cause I found just the left handlebar on ebay for $95 free shipping

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yeah nah I don't have clip-ons just stock, if its cheaper to get clip-ons cause I found just the left handlebar on ebay for $95 free shipping
Check price at your dealer too........with the discount that you should get because you bought your bike there it may be cheaper.

Ebay isnt always the cheapest for parts, especially on newer models.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check price at your dealer too........with the discount that you should get because you bought your bike there it may be cheaper.

Ebay isnt always the cheapest for parts, especially on newer models.
Yeah too right, will give them a buzz! got a few other parts I need to replace :( I hate accidents!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had this happen to me at the same exact spot! Took a piece of pbc pipe, wrapped the handle with a rag, had me & my brother hold the bike while my dad went to pulling! Worked pretty good just need the man power!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
straighten with a steel tube up the guts might work, but it will weaken it though. i would definitely get a new one, they are on "scam bay" for about $100 or so, grab a copy of "just bikes" from your local news agent & start hunting thru wreckers adverts & see what you can find

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had this happen to me at the same exact spot! Took a piece of pbc pipe, wrapped the handle with a rag, had me & my brother hold the bike while my dad went to pulling! Worked pretty good just need the man power!
Do you know or anyone know what size piping I will need?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
around 20 millimetres, remove the bar end & check with a vernier
Whats a vernier may I ask?? :/ and bloody bar ends are stiff, a corded power drill should work hey?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I was you I try to buy some used ones on Craigslist instead of fixing it yourself, It might not be too safe. when I got my 2014 300 se abs delivered the driver tightened the bike handlebars that he actually bent them, and he took it back to the dealership to get a new replacement, what an idiot I said....carelessness and he does this for a living...so it's your life on the line get a replacement.

·
Registered
272 Posts
new costs about $100, at least that was the price last year. I would leave it as it is. if you want to remove it, it takes about 15 minutes top and you can easily do it yourself. if you remove the rubber grip, use some alchool hand gel to lube the inside of the rubber grip before putting it back on the handle bar, it'll make it really easy and the alchool will evaporate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my right handlebar is bent a guy was leanin on it and it fell over this is twice it has happen but this last time I can def feel and see the bar is bent I really don't want to buy a new bar my throttle is controllable but it does stick sometime what is the best advice to fix this issue

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is it causing any major issue?
I have the same problem (on the other one) and I ride with it like that just fine.
It's a bit odd the first time but then it becomes natural.

I ended up getting some driven clip-ons that I have yet to install but I'm in no rush to install them.

Anyway, if you're short on cash you might want to keep it like that until you can repair it or put some clip-ons.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts