Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Well I'll soon be able to upgrade my licence! Of course it's got me looking at bikes I can't afford. I love my Ninja and will be keeping it (as well). However I love retro stuff regularly ride with guys with 70's/80's jap bikes. I haven't had a chance to ride one yet, what's everyone's thoughts on them? I like the look of them and the bonnies. I've had old cars so I'm not expecting Ninja like braking/cornering, but how do they compare?
Looking forwards to some real world comparisons!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks great; have you considered the Bonneville? Similar styling; I think it might be a better choice if only because of the huge aftermarket support.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I had a Bonneville that I modded out and it was a great bike. I rode a W650 and I did not like it because it seemed like a toy compared to the Bonnie. Also the Bonnie had better power and the sound from those aftermarket pipes was music to the ears.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Man, that's a beautiful Bonnie. I'm partial to the Triumph "New Classics" myself.

But another fun classic styled bike I would like is the Yamaha SR400. A kick start thumper, awesomeness! And it's fuel injected, so it actually starts when you kick it.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
There are also the Neo-retros that are becoming much more common now. Bikes with some of that old fashioned appearance but with much newer and better tech hiding underneath. Like the XSR900, the Honda CB series or even the Ducati or many other companies scramblers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts