Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a long winded story, but I need help. I recently decided to change the battery in my 2014 ninja 300 since it was starting to have charging issues. I ordered a WEIZE YTX9-BS from Amazon, and was sent a YTX5L-BS instead. Since there was a no return policy, I decided, for shits and giggles, to see if a smaller amp battery would work. It did, and I rode the bike that way with the YTX5L-BS for a few weeks until deciding I should probably get the proper battery for it. I reordered the correct one, and had a buddy install it for me while I was at work. When I came home to turn on the bike, it wouldn’t turn on once the key was in the ignition. Nothin. I took the bike apart, and low and behold, he had put the battery in backwards. I switched it around, and it still wouldn’t turn on. I checked all of my fuses and electrical connections, but everything seemed fine. The screw/nuts are tight on the terminals, and no dirt or debris is shorting it out. I also put both WEIZE batteries on a trickle charge, and both were fully charged. Any help? Suggestions? I’m dying to ride again.
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm surprised the main fuse isn't blown with the battery hooked-up backwards. Might want to check it again carefully.

What does the battery voltage read before you hit the button?

What does it read when you hit the button?

If you haven't charged it, I would assume it's not fully charged. Many new batteries are not fully charged when you get them - and some are shipped without electrolyte. 12.7V and over is fully charged.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Did you check the main fuses or just the box?
The Main (and Starter?) are mounted to the Starter Relay, not the Fuse Panel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts