Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my subjective opinion, the stock factory exhaust on the 300 looks modern and much better than the previous generic one on the 2012.
It may sound like a sewing machine but it does fit with the rest of the bike.
I understand there is a downside to removing the baffle but I guess there is no way to keep the cosmetic look but improve the sound.

Does anyone have any experience with the brand "Delkevic" as it relates to exhausts?

Thanx

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I do agree that the stock pipe looks very modem in comparison to the typical cylinder or oval pipe..
Agree with cbzdel, IMO the stock pipe is beautifully crafted and what gives it the bigger bike look, and matches the angular aggressive lines of the bike real well. The only other good one I have seen that matches the lines is the Vance & Hines CS One pipe, very nice pipe but still smaller than the stock pipe so again you lose some of the "big bike feel". But I do think it matches well even with the more compact size, see pics:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agree with cbzdel, IMO the stock pipe is beautifully crafted and what gives it the bigger bike look, and matches the angular aggressive lines of the bike real well. The only other good one I have seen that matches the lines is the Vance & Hines CS One pipe, very nice pipe but still smaller than the stock pipe so again you lose some of the "big bike feel". But I do think it matches well even with the more compact size, see pics:

That is a unique look. How would it blend with the 2013?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
If they made a carbon fiber one, I might be intersted :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the delkevic today. It doesn't fit. I emailed then and am waiting on a solution. The connecting pipe is way too big. Sucks cause I took off my stock one already and I destroyed the gasket
Luke at Delkevic told me the slip-on exhaust for the 2012 is 100% compatible with the 2013.

Sorry you had to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You can't just get the baffle out of the stock exhaust. You would need to cut the exhaust open then cut the baffle out then weld it all back together. Also the stock exhaust is ugly its the heat shield that makes it look good. That heat shield comes right off and you may be able to fit it to an after market exhaust. I would try if my new exhaust fit

·
Registered
83 Posts
Removing stock baffle?

Ok guys, just bought my 300 Tuesday. Upon inspecting it before I left the dealer, the salesman told me that the ninja 300's stock baffle just slides out after removing a couple of screws. He said the 250's baffle were not designed that way and require more work to remove.. He also went on to say that by removing the baffle, it would not void my warranty and no need for tuning..

I know this is a topic with mixed views but I would like to hear from someone that has done this. Also, I hear from riders all the time who install slip ons without any type of baffling; What's wrong with running stock without a baffle compared to an aftermarket slip on without baffle?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.