Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So those of you in Sydney will know that the weather has been very bad tonight with lots of rain.

Anyway, I was riding home from work and taking things VERY easy due to the conditions. I was in the inside lane (which was a bus lane) following another motorbike (who was also taking it easy) when a car in the middle lane decided he needed to quickly duck into a store's carpark on the left. So he simply cut straight across the bike in front of me, slammed on his brakes, causing the bike in front to slam on his breaks - in the pouring rain - and then he pulls into the car park.

The cop car? Well unfortunately for the car driver a cop car just happened to be sitting right behind me. The cop sees all this, promptly turns on his lights and follows the car into the carpark to book him. Fantastic and serves the bastard right :D!

And the twist? The store was a motorbike dealership so there's a good chance the bastard was a bike rider himself. You'd think he'd be a bit more careful - especially in the rain and especially turning across a bus lane where he'd know bikes travel (for the Americans among you, it's legal for bikes to travel in bus lanes in Australia).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bloody hell, I hope the officer/s fined the c*** like hell. I loathe idiots who have no regard for others on the road, riders or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was glad I was applying the '3 second rule' (well, kind of) so my braking was nice and calm. The guy in front would have had a bit a heart-starter though especially if he didn't have ABS.

One thing it did bring home is how terrible the mirrors are on the 300 and how I need to make a consious effort to look around a bit more. I had absolutely no idea a cop car was behind me. Granted he was in one of those dark green Highway patrol versions and it was hammering down with rain but I should still have been able to spot him.

Of course the idiot driver didn't see him either - or anybody else come to that.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That move is pretty common amongst most states here that I doubt it would elicit a major reaction from a cop depending on boredom levels and task saturation

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That move is pretty common amongst most states here that I doubt it would elicit a major reaction from a cop depending on boredom levels and task saturation
Yep, I suspect that they went after the guy because it was literally right under their noses so they simply couldn't miss it and because the conditions at the time meant that it was a particularly dangerous move.

Mind you, in this case I'll applaud them if it means that one driver might just be that little bit more careful when he considers making a similar move in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts