Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What backpack do you all use? I'm wanting a bag that allows more wind flow over me and doesn't pull me around and good ideas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just have either an Ogio white regular bookbag or a camelbak and no issues at all with It getting caught in the airflow. Just make sure the straps are fairly tight and you should have no issues

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey man, I posted a thread called backpacks a while ago, definitely try using the search before posting unless you really need a personalized answer that isn't found anywhere so that the threads can be tidy. Btw, not trying to be rude lol, just wanted to let you know it is a good idea to do that. but the Ogio no drag mach series is definitely a great backpack if you are looking for aerodynamics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the Knox K-Pack backpack. Love it. I cut off the belly strap and got some carabiners to make shoulder straps tighter. But it has a helmet bag that clips on, and a waterproof bag that goes around the entire thing. Also has some super nice reflective elements for night riding. Holds a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Went to an army surplus store and got one for $60. Has a sternum and waist strap along with tons of storage

I got a MOLLE II Assault Pack for around $40. It was originally meant to serve as a bug out bag for the desert, but it's proving to be an excellent riding bag. I highly recommend military backpacks. The panic release on the shoulder straps makes for a little extra feeling of security, even though you probably wouldn't have time to yank them if you really needed to, but...it's the thought that counts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Whatever you get, add something reflective to it, cause it's now your backside.

I have a reflective green wrist slap that goes on the backpack handle and a small button type LED that is tied in the middle.

Be creative.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey man, I posted a thread called backpacks a while ago, definitely try using the search before posting unless you really need a personalized answer that isn't found anywhere so that the threads can be tidy. Btw, not trying to be rude lol, just wanted to let you know it is a good idea to do that. but the Ogio no drag mach series is definitely a great backpack if you are looking for aerodynamics.
True man but didn't think of it but since ur not a mod I won't worry about it cuz there r mant threads that r the same I bet there are atleast 20-30 slip on threads so 2 or 3 backpack threads is nothing thanks for the tip there buddy and I been using a regular backpack from when I was n college but my problem is in the afternoons here its about 90 already and I can't keep the pants jacket and everything else n without it being a piece of luggage.... specially on I-85 with the trucks it hits on my back and knocks me around so yea need room in the bag but something that won't create a lot of pull on my back thanks for the ideas I'll check some one specially the army bags I got a store downtown should b on my way today going on a ride to nc and Tennessee

·
Registered
48 Posts
Icon Squad 3 is what I have. I have the black one but it comes in high vis orange and yellow as well. Not a ton of room but many many pockets and its slim which I like. Another feature you dont really see is the front chest straps have zippers for pockets on the inside and headphone holes that connect to those pockets. Also both of the id holders on the upper shoulders are velcro and removable.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-squad-3-backpack

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also use the Ogio Mach 5. I took it on an 800km trip over the weekend and I was able to fit my spare clothes including shoes and a lightweight sleeping bag I had from my time in the military.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts