Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

///

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Granpooba 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Please be extra careful with trucks and big vehicles cause they cannot see bikes easily, its not their fault tho I dont blame them. Just ride away from them do not do what I did was so stupid I know.
A friend nearly died from blood loss after being taken out by a big rig also going on an off ramp. Bicyclist die here all the time from trucks taking turns. I never linger around trucks. From behind they kick up rocks or tires blow out. I zip by fast when I pass them.

Bike vs Truck = Truck wins every time

Good that you have a positive attitude! ?

#4 ·
I zip by fast when I pass them.
Thats what I will do. I learnt it on hard way :D

Glad you are still alive to tell the tale. That’s what is important. Also, it a good thing to analyze what went wrong, either your fault, theirs or both and make mental notes how not to do that again. In your case, never “hover” next to anything, especially a big truck that has a ton of blind spots.

Just remember, you are invisible. Find your own open spot to ride.

Good luck with recovery. Hope you find some good farings. :eek:k:
Thanks dude 0:)

#3 ·
Glad you are still alive to tell the tale. That’s what is important. Also, it a good thing to analyze what went wrong, either your fault, theirs or both and make mental notes how not to do that again. In your case, never “hover” next to anything, especially a big truck that has a ton of blind spots.

Just remember, you are invisible. Find your own open spot to ride.

Good luck with recovery. Hope you find some good farings. :eek:k:

#5 ·
Hello all,
**Firstly I came Australia to learn English so sorry about my English.
I had CBR125 for 3 years before I came Australia and I got Ninja 300 in Sydney. Anyway I believe accident was my fault cause I didn't know that trucks are allowed to do turn by skipping lanes. Accident happened on Alexandria road at Sydney. I was riding on left lane just next to the truck (I know, what a bad spot to ride) so I was on his blind spot and he turned left from right lane and didnt see me. My speed was 80km. I had gopro on my helmet and after 1 year cops gave me the records of accident(I dont want to put it here cause its so bloody and like all the bones on video). On the doc's report says I had %40 chance to wake up from coma. They took off my bones from my right leg so cant feel it but still can walk :). I have metal left shoulder and my left foot was broken. Nothing on head luckily. I was on the wheelchair for a while blabla. Now everything going fine and I am planning to fix my bike ( All my friends and family doesnt want me to ride it again but I believe you guys know how it is feel, Its my drug :( ).

Please be extra careful with trucks and big vehicles cause they cannot see bikes easily, its not their fault tho I dont blame them. Just ride away from them do not do what I did was so stupid I know.
I didnt want to put the video here cause as i said its so bloody but if anyone wants to see it i can send it through the PM.

Ride safe Riders!

(I need a good dealer to fix my bike around sydney. I called coupole of wreckers but none of them has the fairings and buying online takes too long. Cant wait to get on my bike again :grin2:)

Thanks for reading!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune and hope that all things in the future go well for you. :smile2:

Here in New York state, you will see signs posted everywhere stating " WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES ".

But to tell you the truth, from what I have lately observed, perhaps it would be a good idea if the motorcyclists starting watching out for vehicles. Seems like the % of idiot riders is on the rise. :thumbdown:

#6 ·
Sorry to hear about your misfortune and hope that all things in the future go well for you. :smile2:

Here in New York state, you will see signs posted everywhere stating " WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES ".

But to tell you the truth, from what I have lately observed, perhaps it would be a good idea if the motorcyclists starting watching out for vehicles. Seems like the % of idiot riders is on the rise. :thumbdown:
Thanks dude.
Agreed. We better watch out all the time otherwise result won't be good for us as usual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.