Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am back on the track after 10 years..i raced a 125 TZ Yamaha for about 7 years and had a blast.
Now I went and did a crackday, I mean trackday about a month ago and borrowed a ninja 250, it only took 2 sessions until I fell into the groove and remembered the pure fun and adrenaline fix you get, even on a lil 250.
So, I decided to buy a 300, 2016 only 3600 miles on it, clean and it has ABS, which I already had someone disable it on the front.
Ordered K tech cartridges and rear shock, clip ons, rearsets, armour body, and now I am waiting on the Pirellis Diablo Rosso's to come in this week and get them put on it for trackday on sunday. They seem pretty sticky, but I have always run Dunlop slicks, however, I am not racing, and I am hoping that these get heated up pretty quickly. What pressure should I run, and also I have NOT ridden the bike on the track yet, only putted round the block to see how the rearsets were etc..
I would like some advice on what to expect with these tires and how quickly they will heat up...I am in phoenix, so it will be warm to begin with..

·
Registered
268 Posts
From all the guys I have talked to in our racing organization, you’ll definitely want to bypass the abs. It’s just not fast enough for track conditions.

Those tires should be very nice, but I have never used them, so I can’t tell you on tire pressure. Your temps are like ours here, so I’d say a warm up lap, then start getting after it. I’m sure pirelli has hot temp pressures recommendations for them. Slicks are saved for the really fast guys. :nerd: For reference, a friend of mine that ran near the front in expert class in CMRA on a Ninja 250, did it on Bridgestone S20. I used those on my 300 for a few years and loved those tires, but now switched to the Q3+ and absolutely love those too. I never worry about wet and dry tires. It’s all in one. :laugh2:

Looks like you have a good setup going. Go out and have some fun. >:) these things are a blast.

·
Registered
268 Posts
These also have factory slipper clutches and they work well. I upgraded my clutch discs and springs to make it even better.

Oh, and don’t be afraid to rev the piss out these things. >:) the rev limiter will keep you in check. :grin2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts