Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this forum has a very wide spread of riders, I though I would start a thread for all the Australians (Don't worry America, we still love you).

The intent? Post or recommend the best bike shops, online stores, cheap purchases or good sales down under, or even abroad, for parts and accessories.

Unfortunately I can't add the first because I don't know any.. Thus the reason this thread has been started!

Maybe if this gets a little love, it may become a sticky?

Anyway, look forward to hearing from you blokes! :p

·
Banned
57 Posts
Aussie's

Top idea there Taxhater,
I'm Chris and i am from Central Coast NSW, AUS.
I bought my Ebony 300 3 1/2 weeks ago and have got 320kms on the clock so far. I'm yet to do any mods besides remove the circular reflectors of the front guard on either side. So far i am loving this bike its a great bike to have whilst on my P's. I am going to get the screen tinted tomorrow and also want to get a slip on pipe, i went to a Kawasaki dealer on the coast here (Image Motorcycles) and they are getting in 2 different slip on's (Yoshi & Arrow) but after he told me the price for just the ally slip-on $600 and nearly $800 for the Carbon, I think Price Vs Proven power gains which is just under 3hp is something i wont be doing considering i will be upgrading in 8 months i can't see the point in spending that amount on it unless i was going to keep it and do several other modifications. I have been trying to find the cheaper Musarri cans as i have seen BRENTO has one but o cannot seem to find them.
If there is anyone around my area who is keen for a ride drop me a PM im usually riding around everyday after work but keen to hit the Old Pacific Highway for a run

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sign me up :D...am always on the lookout for good deals on parts, mods locally. Have to put in a plug for Crazy Dogs Motorcycles in Brisbane. They are a family owned dedicated Kawasaki only dealership, they are amazing for customer service and advice, never too busy to answer a question. They stock and can get in all manner of aftermarket parts for our bikes and are more than happy to do so, and they are also the only approved Dynojet Power Commander tuning centre in north Brisbane, ill be seeing them to retune the beast once I've done the exhaust and power commander.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sign me up :D...am always on the lookout for good deals on parts, mods locally. Have to put in a plug for Crazy Dogs Motorcycles in Brisbane. They are a family owned dedicated Kawasaki only dealership, they are amazing for customer service and advice, never too busy to answer a question. They stock and can get in all manner of aftermarket parts for our bikes and are more than happy to do so, and they are also the only approved Dynojet Power Commander tuning centre in north Brisbane, ill be seeing them to retune the beast once I've done the exhaust and power commander.
I've heard of these guys. I'm part shopping tomorrow.. Maybe i'll go and check them out!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Top idea there Taxhater,
I'm Chris and i am from Central Coast NSW, AUS.
I bought my Ebony 300 3 1/2 weeks ago and have got 320kms on the clock so far. I'm yet to do any mods besides remove the circular reflectors of the front guard on either side. So far i am loving this bike its a great bike to have whilst on my P's. I am going to get the screen tinted tomorrow and also want to get a slip on pipe, i went to a Kawasaki dealer on the coast here (Image Motorcycles) and they are getting in 2 different slip on's (Yoshi & Arrow) but after he told me the price for just the ally slip-on $600 and nearly $800 for the Carbon, I think Price Vs Proven power gains which is just under 3hp is something i wont be doing considering i will be upgrading in 8 months i can't see the point in spending that amount on it unless i was going to keep it and do several other modifications. I have been trying to find the cheaper Musarri cans as i have seen BRENTO has one but o cannot seem to find them.
If there is anyone around my area who is keen for a ride drop me a PM im usually riding around everyday after work but keen to hit the Old Pacific Highway for a run
Hi Chris,

You say you are upgrading in 8 months....... what are you upgrading to?
And if you dont mind me asking, why did you buy a brand new Ninja 300 if you were planning on upgrading anyway? You could have got a bike for 4 grand cheaper if its just to ride whilst your on your P plates..............

I personally have ridden everything up to 2000cc bikes in my 15 years of riding, and after all the different bikes I can say I will never be upgrading this bike as there is nothing that this bike cant do that another can. Apart from hitting 150km/hr in first gear (which will get your bike impounded, a large fine and more than probable loss of your licence) what is it that you will get out of upgrading?

Not being negative or condescending mate I am really just honestly interested in the reason behind those people that are purchasing brand new Ninja 300's and then stating that they will upgrade later anyway...........is there something I am missing?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Australia, f*ck yeah!!!

Hi guys and gals,

Good idea for a thread, helping out the locals with top places for parts and whatnot. FYI all I live in the Perth/South Perth area of WA.

Myself I have bought online from:

www.motorcyclepartsaccessoriesandclothing.com.au - M2R Legend Jacket
www.causewaykawasaki.com.au - Shoei Helmet
www.thirdgear.com.au - RJays fleece lined cover
www.mcas.com.au - RJays Cobra II Carbon gloves & coming soon possibly a Vance & Hines CS1 slip on in black. Nice cans.

Locally I have bought from:

5 Star Yamaha - Missus Shift Jacket on special for about 90 bucks, these guys are awesome, so much stuff always on special and still room to bargain :D

Kim Britton Kawasaki - My Ebony Ninja 300 & Kevlar Lined Jeans.

Keep up the posts on good places to buy gear from, always on the lookout as are most.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Chris,

And if you dont mind me asking, why did you buy a brand new Ninja 300 if you were planning on upgrading anyway? You could have got a bike for 4 grand cheaper if its just to ride whilst your on your P plates..............

I personally have ridden everything up to 2000cc bikes in my 15 years of riding, and after all the different bikes I can say I will never be upgrading this bike as there is nothing that this bike cant do that another can. Apart from hitting 150km/hr in first gear (which will get your bike impounded, a large fine and more than probable loss of your licence) what is it that you will get out of upgrading?

Not being negative or condescending mate I am really just honestly interested in the reason behind those people that are purchasing brand new Ninja 300's and then stating that they will upgrade later anyway...........is there something I am missing?
I am actually in a similar boat myself.

I bought the 300 with the intent to only keep it for 12 months until I get my R licence and can purchase something bigger. Originally that something bigger was going to be a Harley.. That may or may not still be the case, see what happens.

The reason I bought new? Why not. I’ve only ever bought second hand cars and really wanted something new for a change. I’m also in a financial position where I can afford that thankfully.

Maybe Chris's position is similar?

Reactions: Westy

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I am actually in a similar boat myself.

I bought the 300 with the intent to only keep it for 12 months until I get my R licence and can purchase something bigger. Originally that something bigger was going to be a Harley.. That may or may not still be the case, see what happens.

The reason I bought new? Why not. I’ve only ever bought second hand cars and really wanted something new for a change. I’m also in a financial position where I can afford that thankfully.

Maybe Chris's position is similar?
Yes very true, very true. Myself I was also in the same position of being financially secure to be able to purchase a new bike, but it seems like a bit of a shame to go through the whole run in, getting used to the bike (and the bike getting used to you) and actually starting to enjoy your bike and personal touches you have done to just upgrade a year later. I agree though it is very nice coming from only having ever bought second hand to having something that is brand spanking new and very very shiny.

But everyone has their own reasons for wanting a bigger bike............I am just curious to the reasons having owned all types of bikes and all different sizes.

And kudos to you mate for opening up this thread about aussie shops and parts locations, good stuff to know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes very true, very true. Myself I was also in the same position of being financially secure to be able to purchase a new bike, but it seems like a bit of a shame to go through the whole run in, getting used to the bike (and the bike getting used to you) and actually starting to enjoy your bike and personal touches you have done to just upgrade a year later. I agree though it is very nice coming from only having ever bought second hand to having something that is brand spanking new and very very shiny.

But everyone has their own reasons for wanting a bigger bike............I am just curious to the reasons having owned all types of bikes and all different sizes.

And kudos to you mate for opening up this thread about aussie shops and parts locations, good stuff to know.
Spot on mate, everyone has thier reasons!

Personally, I want to find out for myself what it's like riding and owning all different types/shapes/sizes of bikes :)

·
Banned
57 Posts
Hi Chris,

No other reason than i will be doing several 2 up long distance rides and this bike is not the most suited bike for that, and i will more than likley be keeping this bike for the wifey and i will be probably buying a ducati multistrada as a tourer. The other thing is for $7000 i could not see the point in buying a second hand bike that i do not know the history of and how its been treated for $4000 when i spend $3000 extra and get a brand new bike and 2 year unlimited ks warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts