Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just went out for a rider and I realized that I have to tuck above 70km/h. I'm 6'1 so I realize that might be a little early for other people. I also learned that I can't shift when in a tuck. I might just be a p*ssy and shouldn't be tucking until way faster.

At what speed do you guys tuck?

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
If you are really having trouble, get the tall touring windshield. I'm 6-01 and can ride at 90 MPH all day in a neutral position. There is little-no reason to tuck on this bike unless you are trying to reach top speed.

As to not being able to shift, it shouldn't be a problem, lift your leg.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm 6'3" and I don't really tuck. When I get around 75 or 80 I might lean in a little but as far as a full tuck it will depend on how windy it is and which direction its blowing

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
depends how cold it is, lol , i have done this at minus 4 degrees celcius at 60kmph

its also nice to tuck at 100kmph on the way to work cos i dont wear ear plugs for short stints and it reduced wind noise/buffeting

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I will tuck at 80 kph if there is a headwind. I'll often do long rides in full tuck on the highway. Mostly it is to reduce wind noise when I'm not wearing ear plugs on a short zip down the highway. But for long trips with ear plugs, I do it cause its comfortable. Shift around so I don't have to stop as much.

·
Registered
993 Posts
At what speed do I what????
Shew...old guy with trifocals...words were a little blurry. I'm 5'10" and rarely have to, except maybe when its really windy head-on, or really chilly. I did however when I was testing top speed on a flat straight road to see how fast it would go, but other than those occasions I just lean a little and keep myself in a comfortable position.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I tuck when going over the 200'+ tall bridges around here at 65-70 M.P.H. Meanwhile it feels like I'm in one spot and the bike is dancing back and forth beneath me. I can just feel the girl (my friend) on the cruiser behind me laughing.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts