Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I wanted to get a full system for my 300 after I got my Akrapovic slip-on and then I came across Arrow's Racing Collector (headers basically). Obviously there are less expensive alternatives when it comes to headers but I chose to go with the $$$ route. I couldn't find anywhere online where people have tried the Arrow Racing headers with the Akrapovic.

I have made a YouTube video showing the difference between stock, slip-on, and Arrow + Akrapovic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGAJr5kcOY

In the first clip and the only one I could find with my stock exhaust, I was testing out the launch control feature with the Power Commander. I will say for those who have the Power Commander V, if you try to wire up launch control, it works but does not disengage. There is no speed input going to the PCV.

The next section of the video is what I introduced myself with to the forum. PCV, K&N, Akrapovic, etc... My friend's dyno may have read high but I managed to put down 40.25 horsepower. Regardless if that doesn't sound possible, we gained 3 horsepower at the wheel just from tuning. There are flybys, and some quickshifter sound. Yes I have one. Because why not lol

The third section has the full system. On the dyno we managed to consistently average 41.25 - 41.50 horsepower at the wheel. I will attach some photos of the headers. They weigh only 3.65 pounds. the stock exhaust weighs around 4.30 pounds. I will also post a link to a video I took last night of the exhaust. It can shoot massive flames. Chop throttle and then slightly crack open the throttle. BANG!

The difference I found when I heard it for the first time was the sound. It is a bit louder and the sound is deeper. Properly tuned, it makes a difference for sure. Would I recommend them? If you really care about quality and you don't mind paying almost $300 for headers, yes. Otherwise look in to other options.

Here are some fire balls and quickshifter sounds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFluu3RB-U0

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great post, I've been trying to find some info on these headers for a while. Did you ever dyno before the headers to get an idea if they added power? Surely they did as I can't imagine anyone making 41hp with the stock header.

You mention you're using an akra slipon with this exhaust, the same one (I am assuming) that you used on your stock exhaust which means any slip on will fit, correct?

Thanks for the great post and going outside the norm on your bike so I can follow in your footsteps!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I also am going to go with the Arrow header... I have been trying to source the lowest price. Where did you get yours? One of the things I liked about the Arrow is that is already has the O2 bung welded in. So if I decide to go with the auto-tune feature on the Bazzaz it will be much simpler.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So sorry for the late reply! I don't go on here very often. Now I will because I have added more to the bike since I was last on here.

As far as sending you the map, I am unable to. It is completely custom and it is in my friend's computer who dyno tuned my bike. I can tell you this, tune the mid range because the AFR goes all over the place. We managed to keep it between 12.9-13.2. On average the AFR everywhere else is 13.2.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Okay so I wanted to get a full system for my 300 after I got my Akrapovic slip-on and then I came across Arrow's Racing Collector (headers basically). Obviously there are less expensive alternatives when it comes to headers but I chose to go with the $$$ route. I couldn't find anywhere online where people have tried the Arrow Racing headers with the Akrapovic.

I have made a YouTube video showing the difference between stock, slip-on, and Arrow + Akrapovic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGAJr5kcOY

In the first clip and the only one I could find with my stock exhaust, I was testing out the launch control feature with the Power Commander. I will say for those who have the Power Commander V, if you try to wire up launch control, it works but does not disengage. There is no speed input going to the PCV.

The next section of the video is what I introduced myself with to the forum. PCV, K&N, Akrapovic, etc... My friend's dyno may have read high but I managed to put down 40.25 horsepower. Regardless if that doesn't sound possible, we gained 3 horsepower at the wheel just from tuning. There are flybys, and some quickshifter sound. Yes I have one. Because why not lol

The third section has the full system. On the dyno we managed to consistently average 41.25 - 41.50 horsepower at the wheel. I will attach some photos of the headers. They weigh only 3.65 pounds. the stock exhaust weighs around 4.30 pounds. I will also post a link to a video I took last night of the exhaust. It can shoot massive flames. Chop throttle and then slightly crack open the throttle. BANG!

The difference I found when I heard it for the first time was the sound. It is a bit louder and the sound is deeper. Properly tuned, it makes a difference for sure. Would I recommend them? If you really care about quality and you don't mind paying almost $300 for headers, yes. Otherwise look in to other options.

Here are some fire balls and quickshifter sounds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFluu3RB-U0
Does this mean you can get any slip-on that fits the ninja 300 to fit the arrow headers? If so, I didn't know you can mix and match.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes you can fit any slip on that fits ninja 300 onto the arrow headers..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No welding required?

If so this is big news for me. I was hesitant to buy a slip-on vs a full exhaust. If I buy a slip-on I wouldn't be able to just upgrade to a full system (I don't see kits like that being sold).

If arrow headers fit easily, then I could buy a slip-on today and upgrade to a full exhaust later.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Delete

·
Registered
59 Posts
Delete

·
Registered
114 Posts
No welding required?

If so this is big news for me. I was hesitant to buy a slip-on vs a full exhaust. If I buy a slip-on I wouldn't be able to just upgrade to a full system (I don't see kits like that being sold).

If arrow headers fit easily, then I could buy a slip-on today and upgrade to a full exhaust later.
How much for the arrow header ?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I already have an M4 slip-on. Purchasing the Arrow headers is $100 cheaper for me. M4 quoted me $409.19 to purchase the necessary parts for a full-system. If these headers fit, I might just pull the trigger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No welding required?

Yes you read it right. No welding required. Any slip on (for Ninja 300) fits the Arrow headers the same way they fit the stock headers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes you read it right. No welding required. Any slip on (for Ninja 300) fits the Arrow headers the same way they fit the stock headers.

Last question: and this would be just as good as a full exhaust system from, say, yoshi?

The thing I'm worried about is how narrow the midpipe will be (as it will be just as narrow as a stock whereas a full exhaust from yoshi or whoever will be thicker )

Sent from my SM-N910V

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.