Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been answered numerous times in the forum but i haven't been able to find it very well. With a PCV you need the autotune, correct? With the area P tuner do you need anything like that? Plan on getting a leo vince gp corsa slip on, k&n air filter, and one of these tuners, not sure which one yet.

·
Registered
630 Posts
So if its $300 it will be $300 flat, i wont have to go but any additional stuff to make it work?
You don't need anything else.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
you dont need to buy an auto tune to go with the PC5 or any other kind of dynojet / power commander device

Area-p tuner is a air/fuel tuner, its rebadged, its made by dynojet/power commander

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
heres my receipt from when i bought my ride from a dealer who bought their parts thru the Aussie distributor for power commander

the aussie distributor is

http://www.serco.com.au/

cheapest place to buy it from is our site vendor, hard racing, its about $300 off them and freight would be less then $50 to Australia i bet

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
you dont need to buy an auto tune to go with the PC5 or any other kind of dynojet / power commander device

Area-p tuner is a air/fuel tuner, its rebadged, its made by dynojet/power commander

I am big on not making claims without factual proof of the said claim, am I correct you claiming that Area P just slaps their "badge" onto another persons item?

If you are, in fact, saying that then where is your proof that they are doing so. How would you know it isn't the other way around, or better yet they both just happen to create the same product.

Pet peeve of mine when people degrade a company just because they can type up some assumption. :confused:

I personally have dealt with Area P and have nothing but wonderful things to say about them, their service, and their shop.

Reactions: cruizin

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am big on not making claims without factual proof of the said claim, am I correct you claiming that Area P just slaps their "badge" onto another persons item?

If you are, in fact, saying that then where is your proof that they are doing so. How would you know it isn't the other way around, or better yet they both just happen to create the same product.

Pet peeve of mine when people degrade a company just because they can type up some assumption. :confused:

I personally have dealt with Area P and have nothing but wonderful things to say about them, their service, and their shop.
I do believe that there was no knocking down of area p at all and I do also believe a link was supplied in explanation to the statement.

Pet peeve of mine is people not reading the entire thread properly

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
630 Posts

First off, Area P only sells the tuner. It is Fuel Moto (http://www.fuelmotousa.com/) that 'makes' the tuner.

It's a Dynojet made tuner, you can take a look here:

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/site/micro-efi-tuner.html

It's Power Commander V based, I don't know their relationship with Dynojet, but they're certainly not buying Power Commanders relabeling them and then reselling them if that's what you think was said. Dynojet probably produces them for Fuel Moto.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Reactions: cruizin

·
Registered
391 Posts
A question for you guys, I know the PC5 can adopt a quick shifter, does the area p do that as well?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts