Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No clue why this thread isn't here as I'm sure not everyone is signed up on all 3 forums trying to decide which one is the best(I'm leaning towards this site having the most content on the 300)

Pics & info

Testing has been completed at this stage. Big thanx to Eddie for loaning us his bike for continued R&D. He gets "Carte blanche" in return; system of his choice, complete fender eliminator kit, FI Micro Programmer, full installation and custom Dyno Tune session (oh, and all the play adjusted out of his throttle cables... ;) ). Enjoy the pix exclusively on ninjette.org. We're sending Alex four Sound Byte files for him to assist us in posting them as well (thank you Alex). Essentially, we'll post more exclusive technical info and results as we sift through all the data compiled during this huge R&D effort. It was not easy making power by any stretch of the imagination. But our current goals have been reached. :thumbup: We hope to have all info on pricing and additional technical data up on the Area P site later next week as well.

After production systems are in stock (hopefully about eight weeks for tooling/fixtures/production), we'll be sending a kit to our Micro Programmer partner (Fuelmoto) in WI. They will then develop additional maps in their perfect air/conditions of WI, along with airbox delete (K&N Filter Pod) mapping as well. With their additional expertise, we are confident that attaining 40+ is well within their grasp, as we are tantilizingly close here... :thumbup:

There is a whole slew of mis-information currently out there (or speculation perhaps). We hope to cut through and clarify that for you in the most un-biased way possible as this thread moves along. More to come.

Full standard mount system, standard carbon fiber muffler.

Full standard mount system, standard stainless steel muffler.

Full standard mount system, long Carbon Fiber muffler with standard and/or quiet core options.

Full standard mount system, long stainless steel muffler with standard and/or quiet core options.

Full Ultra High Mount system, standard carbon fiber muffler.

Full Ultra High Mount system, standard stainless steel muffler.

Optional Mounting Bracket to delete passenger pegs with Area P Systems.

Optional Mounting Bracket to delete passenger pegs with OEM Muffler.

Sound Bytes noted below. :thumbup:

Dyno results

Below are our dyno graphs from our initial R&D tuning sessions. We have created 7 base maps to work with initially and will continue to refine & perfect them, creating an even larger data base. In addition, as previously indicated, our partner in the FI Micro Programmer (Fuelmoto), will be getting one our production systems and creating even more maps under their perfect conditions. These maps will also include airbox delete (K&N Filter Pod). Under Fuelmoto's expert tuning hands, we believe the performance numbers will yield even better numbers.

We hope to have additional information up on our website within the next week, to include pricing, part numbers and additional technical data. We also have additional "bolt-on" performance parts undergoing R&D for the 300 as well. :thumbup:

Run #3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #28 - OEM exhaust with FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement.

Run # 3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #80 - Area P Ultra High Mount System, Fi Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement.

Run # 3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #56 - Area P Standard Mount System, Standard Muffler. FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. Run #80 -Area P Ultra High Mount System, Fi Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement.

Run # 3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #56 - Area P Standard Mount System, Standard Muffler. FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed. K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. Run #80 -Area P Ultra High Mount System, Fi Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. Run #90 - Area P Standard System, Long Quiet Muffler, FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. As you can note, all versions of the Area P systems, with proper mapping, have very similiar performance characteristics. Especially noting that the Standard System with Long Quiet Muffler being very quiet as compared, yet offers excellent performance.

Run #3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #28 - OEM exhaust with FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. Run #40 - Slip-On prototype.

This last graph we included only to illustrate the reason why we will not be offering a Slip-On. We can get within .3 hp (yes, 3/10th) as much performance from our FI Micro Programmer (at peak) and the OEM muffler, as with a Slip-On (and our Micro Programmer). We gave it every oppertunity, including many different design versions. And further, without the FI Programmer, we struggled to get a Slip-On to perform as good as stock! :eek: A Slip-On is reasonably easy to design & manufacture. So believe me, if a Slip-On offered more performance than what we have noted (and remember that's with our FI Micro Programmer as well), we would be offering one. So just like we found on the 250R, a significant "performance" increase just isn't there with a Slip-On.

These guys are SUPER thorough and I have no worries about waiting for the exhaust. They are about 8 weeks away from the point of shipping the exhaust. No way I will be going with a slip on when this quality is available to me. I believe the price for the full system is around 500-600 but you will need something to tune with as well.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Are you with Area P or just a fan?? I know Area P has a huge following.. Now I know nothing about the company so I cant say much.. But I mean no offense when I say it but I think they are just about the ugliest exhast systems ever.. Maybe their performance outweights the looks though?? Fill me in more on this company..

Is it strange that out of the whole thread THIS is what I am excited for haha

Optional Mounting Bracket to delete passenger pegs with OEM Muffler.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i will agree its a tad on the ugly side for me. i'm not a huge fan of their logo or the tip but i admire the R&D they are putting in with real gains proven and kind of like the high mount exhaust.

i've never seen an exhaust company go so far as to communicate with customers etc. if i buy the exhaust i will be painting all the silver parts with high temp flat black paint and i think that will help the aesthetics a long way.

and no lol im not with area p...im still waiting to pick my bike up from the dealer :p

I'm more of a look at the dyno first then at the canister afterwards when it comes to exhausts lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I actually like the look of the 18" carbon fiber and that is the one I plan on getting. I've never seen such great customer support and research from an exhaust company. This company was willing to put research into developing a single exhaust system for the pre-gen 250 and they have had my respect ever since.

I want a muffler, not an amplifier.

The dyno chart for the 18" quiet core as compared to stock bike:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like this high mount exhaust system!! Has anyone used the FI Micro programmer? Is it on the same lines as a PCV?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Those exhausts are hideous.

I can see why this thread wasn't made lol

The high mount CF is the best looking one, and even that has much to be desired.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts